Author Topic: S/O Sharing dessert - Food Dictators  (Read 30921 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O Sharing dessert - Food Dictators
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »
I could understand that.  I've come to the decision that I will never order a gyro from anything but a Greek restaurant.  We have a Greek takeout place in town and the gyro I had there was to die for delicious.   Another place on our side of town opened and they serve a variety of cuisines, Chinese, American subs, and some Greek food.  I ordered their gyro and just...blech.  The meat was bland, they had celery sauce and it was so runny that I ended up throwing it away after a few bites. 

So I've learned it's truly better to just trust a nation's cuisine to a restaurant that specializes in that cuisine.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2013, 07:25:25 PM »
We have a fantastic Greek restaurant near my workplace, but none near my home. Same with Chinese, but we do have one good Japanese restaurant near home.

Thing is, I crave Greek and Chinese food when at home, and Japanese food when I am at work.  ::)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »
For a long time I found myself craving Chik-Fil-A on Sundays...and only on Sundays, the one day they're always closed.  I did end up trying it and well, my cravings ended.  I just wasn't real impressed and figured I was getting my cravings on Sundays for a reason. LOL
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
For a long time I found myself craving Chik-Fil-A on Sundays...and only on Sundays, the one day they're always closed.  I did end up trying it and well, my cravings ended.  I just wasn't real impressed and figured I was getting my cravings on Sundays for a reason. LOL

I go to Chik-Fil-a once in awhile for the cheesecake. It's good, and I make a point not to share it.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
They don't have cheesecake any more.  :(

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
I could understand that.  I've come to the decision that I will never order a gyro from anything but a Greek restaurant.  We have a Greek takeout place in town and the gyro I had there was to die for delicious.   Another place on our side of town opened and they serve a variety of cuisines, Chinese, American subs, and some Greek food.  I ordered their gyro and just...blech.  The meat was bland, they had celery sauce and it was so runny that I ended up throwing it away after a few bites. 

So I've learned it's truly better to just trust a nation's cuisine to a restaurant that specializes in that cuisine.
What about at a Turkish place?
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
Well I've never eaten at a Turkish place but I wouldn't write them off as far as gyro's go.  Though I'd expect them to be a bit different but still plenty tasty. 

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2013, 10:25:48 PM »

I go to Chik-Fil-a once in awhile for the cheesecake. It's good, and I make a point not to share it.  ;D

I really like their chicken, egg, and cheese bagel for breakfast. Mmmm. They're also one of the few fast food places that are pretty safe to go on a diet. The fruit cup sides are awesome, and they have a couple of grilled chicken options that are pretty good.

I'll admit, though, I started eating their solely because of their advertising. (The cows) I love it so much, I thought I'd better support them so they'd stick around. :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »
No meals are more than 600 calories, so it is a good choice. Also, I am a brewed unsweetened iced tea fanatic, and that is one of the safe places I can always trust. I love the coleslaw, nuggets, and Chicken minis.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:57 AM »
They don't have cheesecake any more.  :(

Awwww man, that's just not right. :(