Author Topic: you are just not going to believe this one!  (Read 2896 times)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
you are just not going to believe this one!
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »
I have previously posted about my friend, let's call him Darryl, who became very very ill recently due to hiis wildly  uncontrolled diabetes. to say that we almost lost him is not an exaggeration. He actually did die but was resuscitated. After much drama he is fnally home and doing much better. he is disabled and needs a liver transplant. He was not allowed to drive a car for a period of time but has just recently been cleared to get behind the wheel again. And this is where the trouble begins.

It seems his neighbor did not know that he had been cleared to drive and was upset because he saw that he had been. So instead of talking to Darryl he took it upon himself to reach into his car and yank a bunch of wires out, but did not bother to tell him what he had done.

So tonight Darryl was driving to the airport to pick up a friend and guess what? His car started acting crazy. He had to turn around and he did make it home fortunately.I wound up driving him to the airport to help his friend. This was not a good thing as I am prone to panic attacks especially when driving at night. So this neighbor,, thinking that he was doing a good deed, could easily have caused an accident twice over. First by messing with his car and not telling him and second by messing with his car so that I had to drive.

Anyone else as stunned by this stupidity as I am? Wow.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Roe

• Super Hero!
Re: you are just not going to believe this one!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
I'd call the cops. 

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:20 PM »

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »
Unbelievable.  I'd call the police, and a lawyer.   >:(  That's vandalism of property, to say the least.  He also could have gotten seriously injured.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »
How did you find out that's what happened?

SamiHami

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »
Apparently he did speak to the neighbor after the incident and neighbor admitted to what he had done. He is afraid to "make trouble," as he put it, with the neighbor because he lives in a small strip of apartments and he does not want to make life uncomfortable for himself by having bad blood. He is so dependent on everyone right now that I think he's afraid to have anyone get mad at him.

I cannot remember when I have ever been this angry.

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
Regardless, he still needs to call the police.

What if this man's stupidity (and believe me there are much stronger words I'd like to use) had caused an accident where someone was killed or injured?

Your friend needs to get over himself quite frankly and act like an adult in this situation, which means calling the police and filing a report.

SamiHami

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »
I completely agree with you and am trying to convince him to call the police.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
I hope Mr "Good Samaritan" Neighbour is willing to pay to repair the damage he caused to Darryl's car.

GSNW

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
Unbelievable.  I'd call the police, and a lawyer.   >:(  That's vandalism of property, to say the least.  He also could have gotten seriously injured.

Exactly.  Not merely rude, but criminal behavior.  How much is this going to cost Darryl to repair? 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »
I wonder what wires he tore out.  I am astonished that the car would even start, let alone drive, with wires torn out.    Especially for a distance and then have it go out of whack.  Did he have to have it towed home?  That would be another expense although in the scheme of things seems the least of the worries, considering what could happen which such a seriously impaired car on the road.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:48:39 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »
A lot of people would have retaliated in non-ehell approved ways. >:(  I don't know of anyone who would just let it go.

Reporting it to police would be a favor to the neighborhood.  Who knows what a nut like that will do to others?

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 10:59:50 PM »
This is more of a criminal/legal issue than an etiquette one.
Utah

Maude

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »
How did neighbour get into the car? I assume it was locked.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 12:26:33 AM »
Apparently he did speak to the neighbor after the incident and neighbor admitted to what he had done. He is afraid to "make trouble," as he put it, with the neighbor because he lives in a small strip of apartments and he does not want to make life uncomfortable for himself by having bad blood. He is so dependent on everyone right now that I think he's afraid to have anyone get mad at him.

I cannot remember when I have ever been this angry.

He just made a keg's worth of bad blood by pulling this stunt! >:(

I'd be calling the cops, reporting vanadlism of own property and trespassing!