Author Topic: Your First Date - what age?  (Read 1508 times)

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
Your First Date - what age?
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
What age when you when you went on your first date - ALONE - with a boy (or girl)?
Where did you go?

Me first:
I was 14 (he was 17).  He drove his father's car, and we went to the movies, then a burger place.
Then 'parked'.   :-[  ;)
Thinking back, 14 was too young.  But older brother helped talk parents into it, and my mother really liked the boy.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Your First Date - what age?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
I was 15 and it was my first date ever. I went out with now-DH, first to dinner - the place he'd wanted to go was too crowded so we ended up at a Denny's type place. He spilled water on me. Next we tried to find a movie but nothing looked good. Finally we settled for driving around the nicer areas of town listening to the radio and talking about what types of houses we liked. I realized that while the date was technically kind of a flop I'd never felt so comfortable with a guy.  ;)

Jones

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
I was 16. It was my birthday. We went to the ice cream place and watched the sun set. It was my first date ever; my family's rule was no dating under 16.

CakeEater

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
23. I was a late bloomer.  ;)

crella

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:05:44 PM »
18 and a half. Introvert!

We had roast beef sandwiches and went to a movie.

jmarvellous

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:37:35 PM »
I was 15 and he was 18. We went to his house and lied to my parents about going to Starbucks. I made him give me a cup of hot chocolate so I'd smell like I'd been at the coffee shop, and I was so nervous I burnt my tongue slurping it too fast.

We "dated" for almost a month until I found him too obnoxious to stand a minute longer. He stalked me for a month when I wound up at the same college as him, three years later -- apparently my 15-year-old instincts were better-tuned than I thought.

I was wracked with guilt about lying to my parents for years -- I am NOT a liar.

Emmy

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
I was on my third boyfriend before I had an official 'date'.  My first two boyfriends were in high school and we would just hang out either at his house, or in a group but never really went on dates.  One of those guys I went and got ice-cream with, but my little brother was with us so I guess that doesn't count.  Both these early relationships were only about a month long.  My third boyfriend was more serious.  He and I met just before college through an activity we were both involved in.  We went to different colleges and he would come down to visit me, but most of the time we would just hang out in my room or walk around campus.  Our (and my) first official traditional date was shortly after we started dating, we went to a dinner and a movie.  The dinner was at Chuckie Cheese, but it still felt romantic to us.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:57 PM »
I wasn't allowed to date until I was 17. Before that, I somehow managed to be "going out" with several boys without us ever actually going anywhere--it was all a matter of mushy notes in school and "going together" to dances but really being in a big group, that sort of thing. I went on my first official double date (to the movies) the summer I graduated high school and my first alone date during my first semester of college (we went to a skit practice I had to go to and then to the dining hall, if I remember right. Exciting, huh?).  ;D

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:46:53 PM »
I wasn't allowed to date till 15. My first date was with another 15 year old and we met at a theater to watch a movie. That remained our date format until he got his license about 2 months later.

lkdrymom

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
I was 17 and he was 16. I can't even remember what we did other than I had to drive.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:10 PM »
19, and it was to the movies.

Adelaide

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
I was 16. I think his mother forced him to take me out to a nice restaurant. I didn't notice because I really liked him, but he was using me so that people would think he was straight. What a world.  ::)

SiotehCat

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
I was 12. It was with my boyfriend of a few months and we went to the cheap dollar movie theater.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 11:20:28 PM »
Depends on what you count as a date.  I don't count the homecoming dates I had because they were with a guy I only liked as a friend.   He wanted more though so I'm sure in his POV we were on a date. I was 16 and 17 at the time, in my junior and senior year.

My first date, as far as I'm concerned, I was 19 and in college.  The guy was 25 and very sweet.  I think the only reason we didn't work out was that there wasn't a spark. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 11:33:44 PM »
15 or 16, I don't remember.  It was his prom.  I got THE most beautiful dress, even though he'd asked me late in the season.  It had been on the mannequin.