Author Topic: Your First Date - what age?  (Read 1564 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
Re: Your First Date - what age?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »
I was in 8th grade so probably 13.  A very nice 14 year old boy asked me to go to a fun activity night at the school.  He stopped to pick me up and I was all decked out in a dress  >:( (I hated dresses). 
We walked to the school and when we got there I saw the other girls were wearing pants.  I was something of a tomboy, so I insisted we walk back home so I could change into pants.  He told me how nice I looked in the dress and tried to gently talk me out of changing, but I was not going to be wearing a dress if everyone else was in pants, so he walked me home, I changed and we walked back.  It was probably about 10 blocks or more each way.  Lots of exercise and no second date!  And I had a crush on  him!     :'(
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

RoseRose

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »
I was 14, he was 15, and it was either a movie, bowling, or homecoming.  We kind of slid from "friends hanging out one on one" to "dating" sometime between the end of summer and homecoming.  Started when I asked him to homecoming as friends, and then there was chemistry.

It ended up great, we're married now.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
I had just turned 13 and the guy was 16 possibly 17.  We went to a movie and then out to a fast food place. Apparently he didn't realize how young I was because once he found out, he took me straight home. 

Another funny realization I had was that I went to Senior Prom in 8th grade, but didn't go to my own Senior Prom.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

dawnfire

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »
I was 16. It was a blind date with  friend's troop mate (my friend was in the scouts). we met at the station and went ice skating at the Myer music bowl and then a walk through the garden. He was nice enough buy very indecisive.