Author Topic: "No Ties, No Jeans" notation on invitation  (Read 17329 times)

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
Re: "No Ties, No Jeans" notation on invitation
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
...Maybe it has been a long time, Sophia!  They have these nifty new "Forever stamps" that are good for first class mailing, well, forever so you don't have to worry about current prices.  ;) :) :D ;D

I asked about those last time I bought stamps.  The post office worker got very huffy with me saying they aren't really needed because they don't raise the prices that often.  Also, they didn't have any in stock. 

lowspark

« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »
I may be wrong about this but it's my understanding that they are no longer issuing first class stamps with a preprinted value. In other words, all first class staps are "forever" stamps now. So they can't be out of them anymore unless they're totally out of first class stamps.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »
...Maybe it has been a long time, Sophia!  They have these nifty new "Forever stamps" that are good for first class mailing, well, forever so you don't have to worry about current prices.  ;) :) :D ;D

I asked about those last time I bought stamps.  The post office worker got very huffy with me saying they aren't really needed because they don't raise the prices that often.  Also, they didn't have any in stock.

All forever stamps I buy magically morph into stamps of the previous price when my back is turned. It's like all music in cars turning into Best of Queen after two weeks in Good Omens.

onyonryngs

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2013, 01:56:41 PM »
I may be wrong about this but it's my understanding that they are no longer issuing first class stamps with a preprinted value. In other words, all first class staps are "forever" stamps now. So they can't be out of them anymore unless they're totally out of first class stamps.

They do have preprinted stamps https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps%3asubcatS_S_45cFirstClass&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=S_789404&categoryId=subcatS_S_45cFirstClass

lowspark

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
OK, like I said, I wasn't sure. But I will say that a lot (most?) of them are forever now. The only ones I've been able to purchase at my post office for the past few months are forever stamps.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2013, 10:50:06 PM »
Coming in late to  "No jeans, no ties" discussion, is it possible that the hosts would have preferred casual, attire, but didn't want to see jeans below the backside?  I realize that it was an adult party, but young people were invited with their parents.

Did you ever find out?