Author Topic: Seriously? DH says he saw a UFO! Tonight!  (Read 1931 times)

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
Re: Seriously? DH says he saw a UFO! Tonight!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
Some years ago my husband and I were walking the dogs at about 9:30 at night. We live in a sparsely populated rural area where there aren't any streetlights and it was *dark* that night. Rather abruptly, four round, orange lights appeared in the sky above us. They were arranged in a horizontal row and appeared to be attached to a large, very dark object that had no other lights on it. Because it was so dark, we couldn't get much of an impression of the object as a whole and it was hard to judge how far away it was. It didn't make any noise at all and the dogs didn't seem to notice it.

The lights stayed in place for several minutes, then one by one, they blinked off. After that we no longer sensed the presence of the large object.

We checked the papers the next day to see if anyone else had seen and reported it, but there was nothing. A year or two ago, however, a whole bunch of people reported seeing something that sounded very similar in the skies above Tucson. We've got an Air Force base here. No telling what they're up to.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
I remember seeing some strange lights in the sky as a teenager.  I just thought they were the weirdest things, completely silent.  I later found out they were the flares used to light the training fields at night at the nearby military base.  ::)

I've yet to see something other than that...I'm not sure I want to though - I've seen too many documentaries about abductions! lol

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

NestHolder

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
I quite like it when people claim to have seen a UFO - because they have.  It's flying, it's (presumably) an object, and it's unidentified, at least by this particular viewer.

My FIL sent me some video a few months back of some crazy lights a friend of his had seen in the sky.  I thought to myself, That's a kite, but didn't say so and merely agreed with him that they were, indeed, very interesting and unusual images.  A few days later a news item turned up from that area - and it was indeed a kite, a fancy Japanese one with lots of electronics and flashing lights. Very cool, in fact!

I expect most of the weird things people have seen have similarly prosaic explanations, although sometimes the explanations may be very odd indeed. 

Aliens, though, no.  Interstellar travellers, I feel, probably have better things to do than play about in the sky just to puzzle us.  Unless they're teasers.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
Aliens, though, no.  Interstellar travellers, I feel, probably have better things to do than play about in the sky just to puzzle us.  Unless they're teasers.

The aliens probably think the same thing about our astronauts  ;)

One of my theories is that aliens and flying saucers are actually humans from the future hopping into their cars for a little joyride or a family vacation/roadtrip into the past (our present) ;D.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »

The aliens probably think the same thing about our astronauts  ;)

One of my theories is that aliens and flying saucers are actually humans from the future hopping into their cars for a little joyride or a family vacation/roadtrip into the past (our present) ;D.

I always figured that we were the bad side of town for the universe. Drive by quickly, and don't stop for gas! ;)
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

magicdomino

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 06:08:13 PM »
was it Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that described Earth as being on the unfashionable arm of the Galaxy? (which, of course, is why the interstellar freeway got put through here)

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 01:47:28 AM »
I was going to say the bright objects whizzing high up in the sky could be the International Space Station, which is much brighter than the usual satellites (more like Venus bright) but that...doesn't turn.  At least not that I've ever seen... :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZP2UN8Irc

(the video is clean but the comments are a little salty.)

The ISS can have a weird turn in certain regions, due to its orbit. :) If you watch it from here, it almost always curves, quite gradually, as it travels across the sky.  The most recent sighting was S-SE :)