Author Topic: Here We Go Again - I'm Going to My Director This Time - UPDATE  (Read 6121 times)

BeagleMommy

I've been ordered six more weeks of physical therapy.  I sent my director the list of dates/times.  Unfortunately, I also had to send this to Annoying Coworker since she has to input it into the payroll system.  She does not approve anything; all she does is enter the data.  She and I do not share duties except for taking messages when the other is away.  Here's what was said:

AC:  You've got more therapy scheduled?
Me:  Yes, I sent you the dates and times.
AC:  I know.  There's a lot of them.
Me:   :-\
AC:  I mean, why do you need so much?
Me:  Why do you need to know that?
AC:  Well, shouldn't it be done by now?
Me:  I don't want to discuss my personal medical issues.
AC:  *Heavy sigh* Okay, fine.

When my director returns from his conference I think I need to discuss this with him.  This is the second or third time she's questioned my medical needs and I'm tired of it.  I think I handled it better this time.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:11:15 PM by BeagleMommy »

CakeBeret

Re: Here We Go Again - I'm Going to My Director This Time
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
I think you handled it really well. I'm glad you're going to your director, she is seriously overstepping.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Lynda_34

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »
You handled it well. One of the sayings here on eHell is do not feed the drama lama.  You don't have to justify anything to her. Relax and go to the director.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
Perfect! I hope your director puts an end to it. Feel better!

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:32:33 PM »
BeagleMommy, when I first opened the thread and glanced at your post, I thought “ugh, again she explained herself  ::) to this ACW”

But then I actually read the exchange.  Yes, you did better.  (The only thing you could have done better was to walk away after her first question.) Definitely go to the boss.  This is ridiculous.

Miss Tickle

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
I think you did great, and I don't think you need to go to your director at all. Now that you've bluntly put her on notice, if she doesn't stop don't be nice about it anymore.  I'd make her go to your director, not the other way around.

Her: Blah blah tell me why...
You: That's none of your business.
Her: That's rude!
You: I've already told you I'm not going to discuss it. If that bothers you, take it up with the Director.
What's she going to say?

But I can't imagine someone being so dense that she wouldn't get the point after your last conversation.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:54:02 PM »
Wow. She overstepped a bit, eh?

I have had similar comments (not in a workplace, just in general) about how long it's taking me to recover from a very bad ankle break (complete with titanium plate and screws).

The ignorance....ugh.  :-*

weeblewobble

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »
Some people think the best way to look like a more loyal employee/establish a position of superiority over you is to behave like they are protecting the company from you and your "antics" no matter how innocent your actions may be.  I would definitely go to your boss.  This woman is in no position to judge or demand medical information from you. 

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »
One reason I say it’s time to go to the boss is that this is not an isolated incident.  I’ve seen other threads about this co-worker overstepping.  She clearly feels comfortable doing it.  Imo it’s a form of harassment, not just a personality clash.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
Update:

Director is back from his conference and I went to him and asked that he meet with me and Annoying Coworker.  We met earlier this morning where I explained what was going on.  He was not happy.  His exact words to AC were "The only thing YOU are required to do is put the dates in the payroll system.  BeagleMommy had this approved and you are not to question it again.  This is the second time I've had to warn you about this.  Next time it goes in your employee file with HR."

She didn't try to justify anything and kind of mumbled an insincere apology, but I don't think she'll try this again.  When I left the room he also spent about 10 minutes with her alone.  Oh to be a fly on the wall!

NyaChan

Re: Here We Go Again - I'm Going to My Director This Time - UPDATE
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Wow! Director is awesome - glad you got this straightened out.

Kiara

• My dragons!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
*applauds your director*

Well done.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Great outcome!  I'm glad he brought you both in, and laid down the law to her!  Sounds like you have a great director!  And I too would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he spoke to her alone.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »
Good for your boss! Only a total moron would keep pushing it after this.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
Good for your boss! Only a total moron would keep pushing it after this.

weeeeelllll....AC has proven to be a bit lacking in the common sense dept