General Etiquette > Life...in general

Overhearing a conversation

<< < (2/5) > >>

m2kbug:
Not rude at all.  I've done this, pointed out where something is located.  This actually happened a few weeks ago where the salesperson didn't even know what a certain item was, let alone where it was located.  I knew and told the person where to go.  This topic was actually brought up in the "Coffee Break" board.  You might want to see if you can find it.  You would probably be interested in people's experiences around this. 

Outdoor Girl:
I hope it isn't rude.  I do the same thing all the time.  I grew up in a small town so more than likely, the person I was talking to at least knew my parents if they didn't know me.  I also chat while waiting in line at the checkouts, even now that I live in the city.  I've had quite a few strange looks from people who wonder why I'm talking to them.  But I've never had anything but a 'Thank you!' when I've directed someone to the product they were looking for.

JenJay:
I don't think it's rude and I've always appreciated when someone has done that for me.

I used to work in a grocery store and one time I was in "my" store doing a little shopping on my day off. I overheard someone mention they couldn't find an item and without even thinking I said "It's on aisle 7, about halfway down on the right, 2nd shelf from the top." They looked at me like  :o and I had to laugh and explain that I actually worked there and whipped out my "customer service" out of habit.  ;D

m2kbug:
I have appreciated receiving assistance from people who know better or might have different ideas.  I remember trying to find a specific ingredient.  I had never worked with it before and didn't even really know what it was.  I can't remember what it was called, but it was actually Cream of Wheat.  Who knew??  It's great to help each other out. 

JenJay, I'm laughing a the details you offered.  Last time I helped a person out, I just said it's in the area where they have the cooking utensils, somewhere near the coffee...or something to that effect. 

Redwing:
I wouldn't think it's rude at all.  Personally, I like to get in to conversations with people at the grocery, etc.  It makes me feel connected to my community.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version