Author Topic: No, I don't want to sell your stuff in my store!  (Read 6684 times)

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
Re: No, I don't want to sell your stuff in my store!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
If (and a big IF) I were to reply, it would only be after a week of letting it sit there.  Then my reply would be vague, and I might make reference to some unrelated craft, (Pokemon finger puppets just don't sell well). 
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

mich3554

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 12:57:47 PM »
I would be reluctant to give her ANY advice whatsoever with regards to copyright infringement.  She really needs to read up on this herself and understand what she can and cannot do.  Telling her that it would be an issue is a good thing.

Personally, after the last email I would be reluctant to respond any further.  Responding only implies interest to the woman and you are not interested.  You've told her twice and twice she has missed the message.  There are some people who will push and push to force their issue.  Sadly, some people DO roll over and comply with their request if they are bugged enough.  It sounds like that is the method that this woman is attempting to use.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
You've told her twice and twice she has missed the message.  There are some people who will push and push to force their issue.  Sadly, some people DO roll over and comply with their request if they are bugged enough.  It sounds like that is the method that this woman is attempting to use.

I think she got the message - she's choosing to ignore it and to keep pushing with emails and "lols" until she gets what she wants.

She needs to be shut down (told "No") and ignored.

Captain Hastings

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
It wouldn't bother me to keep replying to this woman, if only for the sake of your mom. Three emails ain't much and, really, in the last one the only thing she asked you was your advice on selling Dr. Who-themed stuff; I'd probably send her something back agreeing that it is, indeed, complicated, and here's a link to Etsy's policy on what can be sold (I'm sure they have something written up somewhere.)

Yeah, she's dropping a lot of hints but that kind of thing doesn't bother me. I am also a creative person and people love to try to get me in on their pet projects; I give them polite refusals (like you did) and pretend not to notice any further hinting. I've never had anyone turn nasty on me over it (knock on wood!)