General Etiquette > Techno-quette

FB "Give a Gift"

<< < (2/4) > >>

jedikaiti:
Yep, I see them a lot, including quite a few that specifically suggest a Starbucks gift card. I am guessing that comes up on the b-days of friends who've "Like"d Starbucks on FB.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: jedikaiti on March 04, 2013, 06:55:56 PM ---Yep, I see them a lot, including quite a few that specifically suggest a Starbucks gift card. I am guessing that comes up on the b-days of friends who've "Like"d Starbucks on FB.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the person even needs to have Like'd Starbucks--it suggests Starbucks to (and for) everybody.

jedikaiti:

--- Quote from: Yvaine on March 04, 2013, 07:04:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: jedikaiti on March 04, 2013, 06:55:56 PM ---Yep, I see them a lot, including quite a few that specifically suggest a Starbucks gift card. I am guessing that comes up on the b-days of friends who've "Like"d Starbucks on FB.

--- End quote ---

I don't think the person even needs to have Like'd Starbucks--it suggests Starbucks to (and for) everybody.

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen it for everybody, but it may just be random, or anyone of X age, or Starbucks pays them for Y suggestions/week or whatever.

JenJay:
When my DH had a birthday Facebook kindly suggested I send him a Starbucks gift card ::). I thought it was pretty ridiculous that FB noticed the bit about it being his birthday but not the bit about me being his wife and, presumably, capable of taking him to an actual Starbucks if I so choose.

caroled:

--- Quote from: jedikaiti on March 04, 2013, 07:09:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Yvaine on March 04, 2013, 07:04:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen it for everybody, but it may just be random, or anyone of X age, or Starbucks pays them for Y suggestions/week or whatever.

--- End quote ---

I've only been abused by this advertising for the last week or so. Every time I checked into FB last week, it popped up on the left side of my screen and would not allow me to close it out....  EVERY time... very frustrating!!! >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version