Author Topic: FB "Give a Gift"  (Read 3380 times)

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
Re: FB "Give a Gift"
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:50 AM »
I didn't see this thread before I posted mine on the very same topic. I will ask the mods to close it - it was disturbing to me to find that whole happy birthday thing, give a gift because Becky likes Jimmy Buffet so I should buy her a CD.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 10:12:57 AM »
It's not like Becky is asking for the CD, it's just facebook trying to monetize. Honestly, I can't see this feature lasting all that long because I can't imagine that it would be profitable.
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
I actually like the Give A Gift feature.  I used it just this past week to give my niece a $25 gift card to Starbucks for her birthday.  It is very convenient, and doesn't require the gift giver to do anything but click on a few buttons.  And she LOVED it!  She said it was so fun to log into her FB account and find a present waiting for her there.  And I got a notification as soon as she "opened" it, letting me know it had been received. 

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:41 AM »
MamaMootz, I answered your thread because of the issue you presented in it.  I think it's a legitimate question.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
That can be very nice, but if it's someone I'm likely to buy a gift for, I probably have the gift before I'm wishing them a happy birthday.

Which reminds me I need to hit a bookstore to look for something for Dad... and if that doesn't work, he's getting good scotch! :-)
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture