Author Topic: Color Me Rad-- any other ehellions doing this?  (Read 3854 times)

Nikko-chan

Color Me Rad-- any other ehellions doing this?
« on: March 05, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
Mods I am hoping this is the right place to put this.

Color Me Rad is a nationwide race. They are all held on different days and different months. You dress in a white t-shirt and shorts, you run... and people throw colored cornstarch at you. :D

http://www.colormerad.com/

more information can be found at the above link. I am just wondering if there are any other people besides me doing this :)

CLE_Girl

Re: Color Me Rad-- any other ehellions doing this?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:57:36 PM »
That one is not coming to my city, but my friends and I are going to do "The Color Run"

http://thecolorrun.com

Same thing...different company...

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
I'd like to if they do another one nearby, the one here didn't have decent advertising so we all missed it.  :'(
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:13:42 PM »
I'd like to if they do another one nearby, the one here didn't have decent advertising so we all missed it.  :'(

There's always next year ;)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

There's always next year ;)

Eh, I might have to look up international shipping laws for cornstarch and paint to do my own if I want to do it next year  :P

Bethczar

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
Cool! Maybe my workmates & I can hit the one in Madison.

MerryCat

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
I've never heard if this before, but really does sound rad :) Makes me think of Holi back in the Old Country. I'll have to check if our city does this too.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
I wanted to do the Color Run but its being held at a very inconvenient location in my city, and on the weekend closest to 4th of July so I simply can't make it work. This one isn't being held anywhere near me  :( (it does list a "NYC" location but its actually in New Jersey which, well is not New York City.  And its sold out anyway.)

I am a big fan of themed 5k in general though!

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »
I've done a color run.  I have a feeling that they will be the new "thing" in theme runs.  The old thing is mud runs. I've done those too!
Not such a newbie anymore

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
I've done a color run.  I have a feeling that they will be the new "thing" in theme runs.  The old thing is mud runs. I've done those too!

I don't see how you can beat a mud run... mud is icky, gross, and awesome! Though I do enjoy messy paint as well...

Well, I'm off to start a colored mud run  :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:56:39 PM by afbluebelle »

Bethczar

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »

I don't see how you can beat a nud run... mud is icky, gross, and awesome! Though I do enjoy messy paint as well...

Well, I'm off to start a colored mud run  :P
Well, let me know when it is, cuz it sounds AWESOME!!!
My boss & I did the Dirty Girl last year, and by the end we were making mud angels  ;D

Nikko-chan

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »
Ehellions who have done 5K's like the mud run and a color run... I need to know, what sort of things should I bring with me (water, foodwise, etc.) I was thinking stuff like peanuts cause i can shove them away before i get color bombed.  Any other ideas? Or should I just plan on eating a huge breakfast?

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »
Ehellions who have done 5K's like the mud run and a color run... I need to know, what sort of things should I bring with me (water, foodwise, etc.) I was thinking stuff like peanuts cause i can shove them away before i get color bombed.  Any other ideas? Or should I just plan on eating a huge breakfast?

I bring a banana or granola bar for after the race if it is a 5k, but a normal breakfast is usually fine for me. The Tough Mudder event had bananas and energy gel at a couple of water stations. Just don't forget sunscreen... I always do :-[

Nikko-chan

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »
Okay guys, I have decided... I want to do this properly. Meaning I want to run. Buuuut I am a total couch potato... so... does this look like a good training regimen to you experienced runners out there?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »
Okay guys, I have decided... I want to do this properly. Meaning I want to run. Buuuut I am a total couch potato... so... does this look like a good training regimen to you experienced runners out there?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

I would recommend the couch to 5K program.  It's a 9 week program that gets you running a 5K.  If you have an iPhone or iPod I can personally recommend this app here.  They also make a 10K app as well that is really good.  They don't have an an android version.  What I like is that the app runs in the background so you can listen to your own music and then it only pipes up when it's time for you to walk or run.