A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Facecloths in hotels, etc.

(1/9) > >>

Debbie506:
I posted some travel tips on Take a Coffee Break- DD Trip to France.  One of the tips was that many European hotels consider facecloths "personal items" and don't provide them- you are expected to bring your own.  (This is changing quite rapidly, I think, especially if you are a higher-end traveller likely to be visiting from North America, but is certainly still the case for many budget places, where I tend to end up.)

I recently returned from Peru and Bolivia, and I can attest that nary a facecloth was seen (which I hadn't anticipated, sigh).

Facecloths in hotels, B & Bs, etc. in Canada and the USA are standard/expected.  Is this really so unusual?  What's the expectation in other places around the world?  BYO or supplied as a matter of course?

(PS- my tip for Europe - and now I guess Peru & Bolivia  - was to bring a couple of dollar store facecloths and some zip-lock bags to keep the damp ones in, and just discard them after a couple of days.)

Awestruck Shmuck:
Here in Australia, I've seen them in every hotel/motel/guest house and b & b I've ever stayed in.

Thipu1:
We have stayed at hotels in England, Scotland, Italy and Spain the only place where face cloths  (flannels) were not provided was the Novotel in Southampton.  Thank the deity there was a nice, big Boots just across the road.   

Bluenomi:

--- Quote from: Awestruck Shmuck on March 05, 2013, 07:05:57 PM ---Here in Australia, I've seen them in every hotel/motel/guest house and b & b I've ever stayed in.

--- End quote ---

Yup, I agree with that.

I recall finding them in places I've stayed in the UK as well. Same with South East Asia and the pacific.

lady_disdain:
If you go to the large American chain hotels, you may find a face cloth. Otherwise, don't count on it as we just don't use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version