A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Facecloths in hotels, etc.

<< < (7/9) > >>

jaxsue:
My family said "washcloth," and yes, I expect them to be available at hotels. Thanks for the warning, though (about them not being available everywhere).

Snowy Owl:

--- Quote from: Margo on April 01, 2013, 02:17:45 PM ---I would say 'flannel' (I'm from the UK) but would know what you meant if you said wash cloth or face cloth.
I think fewer people use them now  maybe because people are more likely to have showers than have a (not very deep) bath or wash in a basin.
I've sytayed in hotels in the states where they weren't provided, and some in the UK and europe where they were and some where they weren't, so I hadn't thought of it being a USA / UK / Europe divide
(Incidentally, we also have 'flannel' as a fabric as in  'flannel shirts)

--- End quote ---

In my experience in the UK it depends on how upmarket the place it is.  More upmarket equals more towels and flannels and better quality towels.  If you stay in a less expensive property things are less plush.  Obviously I may be wrong but that's how I've found things. 

I don't tend to use them so I don't always notice whether they're there or not but thinking about it that's been my experience. 

ladyknight1:
Thank you for the information. I will be sure to pack them when we travel outside the states or cruising.

PitBullMom:
I live in the US. Four years ago, none of the B&B's we stayed at in Ireland had washcloths. I wish I had known because that's exactly what I use to clean myself in the shower.

We just got back from a 7 night stay in Ireland last week and half of the B&B's had washcloths available. Incidentally, the ones that did have washcloths were either run by an American or by people who have traveled extensively to the States. I'm wondering if this is going to be a new trend in Ireland. I may see more in a few years when I go back.

K_Bear:
Was just in Dublin for a week. The guesthouse (like a small hotel, but cozy and friendly like a B&B) did not provide washcloths. I don't use them, so no big deal.

I think the high end hotel in London did have them, but I wasn't looking for them. I was too in love with the over-sized bath towels(sheets). These things where huge! And soooo fluffy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version