A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Facecloths in hotels, etc.

<< < (9/9)

MariaE:
I'm reminded of the time I had a friend from New Zealand staying over. I handed her towels and she asked for a facecloth. I had to inform her that I didn't own a single one...  They just aren't used very much here.

VorFemme:
I use wash cloths - or I use a loofah, a net scrubber, or something to get some exfoliation going - especially on elbows, knees, and my back.

VorGuy doesn't use a wash cloth at all.  Just differences in how our families handled bathing, I suppose.  Either that or his family lived in higher humidity areas some of the time he was growing up and his mother didn't like the way that they smelled....

I grew up in dry West Texas and the Panhandle area - even a towel dropped on the floor would dry before it started to smell - as long as the bather did use soap & water before they used the towel (my little brothers got inspected to make sure that they'd used soap & water at certain ages - as they had a tendency to run under the shower and wipe off the damp dirt.....).

Thipu1:
I don't use wash cloths all that much either.  I do find them handy for face drying or wiping dust of sandal-shod feet before showering but that's about it. 

For a shower, I prefer a nylon puff.  These things are cheap, easy to clean, and dry quickly.  They also hold soap very well and provide a gentle exfoliation.

Mr. Thipu likes his wash cloths.  He was the one who called my attention to their lack at the Novotel. 

Library Dragon:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on June 16, 2013, 05:51:24 AM ---I don't use wash cloths all that much either.  I do find them handy for face drying or wiping dust of sandal-shod feet before showering but that's about it. 

For a shower, I prefer a nylon puff.  These things are cheap, easy to clean, and dry quickly.  They also hold soap very well and provide a gentle exfoliation.

Mr. Thipu likes his wash cloths.  He was the one who called my attention to their lack at the Novotel.

--- End quote ---

My DH and I are opposite.

I have a question that's not trans-Atlantic, but South of the US border.  DH and I are traveling to Puebla, Mexico in the next couple of months.  Does anyone know if non-resort hotels have wash cloths?

MommyPenguin:
I don't usually use a washcloth/facecloth at home, just what I suppose is called a "loofah" (my mom and I call them "tribbles" after that Star Trek episode).  But sometimes when I'm going to a hotel I'll leave it home and plan on using a washcloth there, so it's really helpful to know that they aren't common in Europe!  I think when we went to Germany, we bought a pack of them at the commissary, but I didn't even remember that until just now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version