A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Facecloths in hotels, etc.

<< < (2/9) > >>

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: lady_disdain on March 06, 2013, 08:50:47 AM ---If you go to the large American chain hotels, you may find a face cloth. Otherwise, don't count on it as we just don't use them.

--- End quote ---

Really?  What do you use instead? 

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: lady_disdain on March 06, 2013, 08:50:47 AM ---If you go to the large American chain hotels, you may find a face cloth. Otherwise, don't count on it as we just don't use them.

--- End quote ---

Are you referring to American chains in the US/Canada or American chains in other countries?

Yvaine:
Is a face cloth different from a small towel? I'm picturing the small towels you might use after washing your face, but someone called them flannels which made me think they might be a different item. The ones I'm picturing are terrycloth.

lady_disdain:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on March 06, 2013, 09:39:02 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Are you referring to American chains in the US/Canada or American chains in other countries?

--- End quote ---

Sorry! I meant down here, in Brazil. I had that information in the first version of the post but I somehow edited it out.

Judah:
Are you referring to what Americans call wash cloths? Or hand towels maybe? I'm unclear on what we're talking about.

Ah, I just looked it up and you mean washcloths. 

I don't remember seeing washcloths in England, Ireland, Mexico, or Central America. I know we saw them in Canada and I've always seen them in every hotel/motel in the U.S. Even the cheep ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version