Author Topic: Opposite of First World Annoyances.. things you are glad you can have  (Read 2775 times)

JoW

Re: Opposite of First World Annoyances.. things you are glad you can have
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 11:39:30 PM »
Feminine hygiene products.  I have always been grateful that when I hit puberty, the maxipads with the belts were being phased out......
When my mother discovered that I was using peel-and-stick she told me they weren't as good as the belted kind and ordered me to switch back.  Since they weren't available in stores she offered to find them for me on the internet.  Needless to say I didn't take her up on the offer. 

Now- one thing I'm greatful for - snow blowers for home use.  I got 9 inches of snow yesterday.  My driveway is 100 feet long.

Reika

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »

Now- one thing I'm greatful for - snow blowers for home use.  I got 9 inches of snow yesterday.  My driveway is 100 feet long.

For all that my grandfather generally disdained modern technology, he was always quick to get the latest in tools. The first time he got a portable snow blower reminded me of a little kid at Christmas getting the toy he was hoping for.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
Today I'm really grateful for snow blowers!  We're another family with a really long driveway.

This latest storm has me really crestfallen, so I'm also grateful for fire.  Our wood stove is clean, easy, and safe to use, and I'm about to light a fire not because I'm freezing but because it makes my home feel cheerful.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »
basic freedom.

WHile my country still has a ways to go with equality, I do have the right to dress how i like (within reason), work, go to school, sit where I want on a bus, save, take a loan, buy what i want, vote and run for office, read what i want, and so on.

I am also grateful that we have a decent level of health care, and obligatory (government mandated) health insurance, as well as the ability to have supplementary health insurance and  dental

In addition - i no longer need to use them, but i was grateful when the super thin absorbant pads came out. the ones i used in the 1970s were so thick and bulky.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools