A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Fitness inspiration needed

<< < (6/6)

snowdragon:

--- Quote from: cass2591 on March 08, 2013, 01:17:36 AM ---My mistake because I knew it was a full leg cast. I'm assuming you have the okay from your doc but how in the heck do you train without bearing any weight on the leg?

--- End quote ---

Seated on legged leg press, are not the easiest thing, but do able, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VaDRMsC8FM  this thing called a "seated rowing machine, I can keep the one leg straight while doing it, crunches ( I need help up and down but I can do them), lat pull downs, with the brace above, but not resting on my legs, dumb bells, and some seated work outs with resistance bands that are attached to poles and other immoveable objects, ect. There's actually a lot you can do, even if you are mobility impaired. It's a matter of working around obstacles rather than giving up.  :) I do nothing with out a Dr's approval and I have authorized my Dr to talk to my trainer if the trainer has any questions about what  I need or can do.

KenveeB:
WHOOT!!!! I did my first ever 5k mud run today, and I am SOOO proud of myself! I made it through the whole course, and I only had to skip one obstacle. I walked more than ran, but I ran a heck of a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. I can't wait to do my next one!

Susiqzer:
OP, have you tried a little challenge, like the 30 Day Shred or something similar? Something that's a good workout and will show results relatively quickly?

Slightly off topic... I just want to take a moment to point out the first rule of 5Ks for new runners: Never, ever, pick out a person at the beginning of the race and think "well, at least I can beat them!" Particularly if that person is overweight, north of 70 years old, barefoot (!), or pushing a stroller containing triplets. 

Trust me.

Stroller lady has passed me in two different races and I've been trounced by more retirees than I care to think about!  ;D

Winterlight:

--- Quote from: KenveeB on March 09, 2013, 04:51:52 PM ---WHOOT!!!! I did my first ever 5k mud run today, and I am SOOO proud of myself! I made it through the whole course, and I only had to skip one obstacle. I walked more than ran, but I ran a heck of a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. I can't wait to do my next one!

--- End quote ---

Huzzah!

Bethalize:

--- Quote from: KenveeB on March 09, 2013, 04:51:52 PM ---WHOOT!!!! I did my first ever 5k mud run today, and I am SOOO proud of myself! I made it through the whole course, and I only had to skip one obstacle. I walked more than ran, but I ran a heck of a lot more than I thought I'd be able to. I can't wait to do my next one!

--- End quote ---

That's fabulous! Well done.

--- Quote from: Susiqzer on March 09, 2013, 05:05:15 PM ---OP, have you tried a little challenge, like the 30 Day Shred or something similar? Something that's a good workout and will show results relatively quickly?

--- End quote ---

I'm not very keen on programs because I have a program already with my personal trainer, plus I keep up with several other sports and they tend to either clash horribly with those or be a quick fix. I'm happy to hear recommendations though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version