A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Products that seem...inappropriate?

<< < (2/22) > >>

jmarvellous:
For that matter, scented markers strike me as funny! Here, sniff these big-barreled, rich colored markers, kids!
If you like that, you'll love what happens if you inhale the fumes from THESE markers.

Slartibartfast:
They sell apple juice specifically for babies - it's about the same price as regular apple juice, but if you look at the fine print it's really just half apple juice and half distilled water.  I tried some once and it was nasty - too watery to taste like regular apple juice, but too apple-y to taste like water  :P  Why would I buy that when I could by regular apple juice and mix it with tap water for half the price?  (Or rather, for the same price but yielding twice as much?)

Camarynne:

--- Quote from: nuit93 on March 06, 2013, 09:52:33 PM ---Were they actually scented?  I've seen purple glue sticks that go on purple and dry clear.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's what caught my eye. I've tried googling them though and haven't found them yet. Odd.

violinp:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on March 06, 2013, 10:26:19 PM ---They sell apple juice specifically for babies - it's about the same price as regular apple juice, but if you look at the fine print it's really just half apple juice and half distilled water.  I tried some once and it was nasty - too watery to taste like regular apple juice, but too apple-y to taste like water  :P  Why would I buy that when I could by regular apple juice and mix it with tap water for half the price?  (Or rather, for the same price but yielding twice as much?)

--- End quote ---

Isn't distilled water dangerous for people to drink a lot of? I seem to remember from my upper - level biology class in high school that it would cause cell death if ingested in large quantities. We used it for experiments, but our teacher told us not to drink it because too much would cause cells to burst.

magician5:
At least the days are gone (I hope) when candy racks commonly included boxes of white sugar (faux-)cigarettes for kids. I used to like them and they were cheap, but that was 50 years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version