Author Topic: Products that seem...inappropriate?  (Read 8372 times)

Xandraea

Re: Products that seem...inappropriate?
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2013, 11:38:06 AM »
Suggestive or nasty bumper stickers.

One of the lunch ladies at our school parked her car in front of the school everyday. The bumper sticker said, "If you don't like my driving, call 1-800-F***You" (written out, not starred).

Every once in a while, a license plate sneaks through, too: Iluvit8 was one I saw.

I think that license plate is "I Levitate".  I can't come up with something naughty for it.

There was one near my hometown that said "4nic8" or possibly "fornic8".  That was caused quite the hubbub and was yanked by the DMV.

I levitate would have an "e" in it, not a "u".

Of course, but some people can't spell.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2013, 12:28:54 PM »
In Target a few years ago I was in the cleaning aisle when something on the bottom shelf caught my attention.  They were cleaning products in pretty colors packaged in what looked like 1 liter soda bottles. (the cleaning solutionss were different colors - red, orange, green....)  Seriously?  I know a million kids that would have thought they were juice or koolaid or whatever because of the packaging.  PLUS they were on the bottom shelf where the kids would be sure to see them.

Someone must have found the Clue-by-4 as I only saw them there for a short time.

Fabuloso?

Its great products, really cuts through grime.

And everytime I see my OWN bottle of it. (that I buy because I KNOW its cleaning fluid, very nice cleaning fluid that does what I want it to do) I get thirsty.

Yeah, I wouldn't want it around kids.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2013, 12:31:39 PM »

One of the lunch ladies at our school parked her car in front of the school everyday. The bumper sticker said, "If you don't like my driving, call 1-800-F***You" (written out, not starred).

Every once in a while, a license plate sneaks through, too: Iluvit8 was one I saw.

I think that license plate is "I Levitate".  I can't come up with something naughty for it.

There was one near my hometown that said "4nic8" or possibly "fornic8".  That was caused quite the hubbub and was yanked by the DMV.

Or somebody else already took the "e" version.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »

In high school a girl I hung out with got her first car. Flirty pink convertable. And Daddy got her a custom lisense plate of her choosing.

She chose ISWALW(I think, its been awhile, but it was something like that. And yeah, it was supposed to mean I swallow. No need to try and figure out if it could've been innocent, she was proud of it and explained it to those who didn't "get" it.)

Her father didn't catch it until a teacher called him and pointed it out.

After that she had a perfectly normal, random type plate. She still had her flirty little car though. She didn't lose that until she got pregnant. (To be fair: She straightened out considerably when her son was born and now gets very embarassed about being reminded how she acted in school. But I still think a parent might want to have a plate explained by their child before agreeing to have a custom plate made for them.)

Kaypeep

« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »

I see the plate as I Love it #8, because it's not that original of a statement and I'm willing to bet at least 7 other car lovers in the state got the same plate before ILUVIT8 did.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »
I think any pants or shorts with a cute little saying on the behind are pretty inappropriate, esp in public.  My parents would've never allowed me to wear such a thing and thank goodness I have all boys 'cause no daughter of mine would've walked out in public wearing something like that.

And any item of clothing with a cuss word.

IMO, these items say way more about the person wearing them than they do anything else.  I don't think it's clever, cute, smart or creative...it's just classless.

I'm sure there are other products I find inappropriate but that's all I can think of right now. 

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2013, 11:00:13 PM »
I think any pants or shorts with a cute little saying on the behind are pretty inappropriate, esp in public.  My parents would've never allowed me to wear such a thing and thank goodness I have all boys 'cause no daughter of mine would've walked out in public wearing something like that.

IMO, these items say way more about the person wearing them than they do anything else.  I don't think it's clever, cute, smart or creative...it's just classless.

I'm sure there are other products I find inappropriate but that's all I can think of right now.

I discovered the one exception to this - now that Bittybartfast is crawling, she spends a lot of time with her big diapered butt up in the air and those infant-sized onesies/shorts/pants with designs or words on the rear do look cute.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

I discovered the one exception to this - now that Bittybartfast is crawling, she spends a lot of time with her big diapered butt up in the air and those infant-sized onesies/shorts/pants with designs or words on the rear do look cute.

I will admit to having bought a friend's child a onesie with a pirate flag on the front and "booty" on the back. :) I agree that babies are the exception, but it has to be appropriate words.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2013, 11:25:23 PM »
I do CrossFit, which involves a lot of Olympic-style weight lifting.  There are t-shirts for women that say, "If you like my rack, wait until you see my snatch."  (Both rack and snatch are weightlifting terms).  I refuse to reveal whether I own this t-shirt.  :)

I love that shirt  ;D It's my 6th favorite thing about CrossFit.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 12:48:18 AM »
Ugh...the peeing Calvin car decals. They aren't as prevalent as they used to be but I still see them. And they're still horribly tacky and, I believe, illegal. They sure weren't created by Bill Watterson.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 06:49:25 AM »

I will admit to having bought a friend's child a onesie with a pirate flag on the front and "booty" on the back. :) I agree that babies are the exception, but it has to be appropriate words.

I need to get something like that! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Coralreef

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »
the toddler "dancing poles".

...sigh...
OK, I'm late to the party, but WHAT???!!!???  :o

[/right

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »
There was a family on "Toddlers and Tiaras" that had a stripper pole in their house. Mom, daughter (who wasn't a toddler -- IIRC she was in the 6-8 y/o range) and 80-something grandma all used it. But mom insisted it was an "exercise pole" and "like a vertical ballet barre." I realize pole dancing is a good workout; I just think it's all kinds of wrong for a child, who'd be better served by some lessons at an actual *horizontal* ballet barre.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »
Let's get this straight:

Vertical dancing and horizontal barre - ok for children
Horizontal rumba and vertical barre - not ok for children

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
How about those things that you see hanging from vehicles these days that look like male anatomy.

They're called "truck nuts" and yeah, I don't really see the point (but then, I'm not a guy)  :P  Along those same lines, neuticles.

I do love it when I see chains with two hex nuts on them.