Author Topic: "Your ring tone is really annoying!"  (Read 13307 times)

Shea

Re: "Your ring tone is really annoying!"
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »
Mine is "River's Dance" from an episode of Firefly ("Safe", to be exact). It's a nice perky little tune, but I have it turned to silent more than half the time, because I don't like to have it go off at work. Then I forget to turn it back on when I get home ::).

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
I have R2-D2 as my default ring tone. In the past, I've used "Fruity Oaty Bars" from Serenity. I also have a cat meowing, several songs that I've edited bits out of to use as ring tones, goats bleating (it sounds like an evil laugh), one that sounds like hamsters playing scrabble (I don't actually use it, just have it for giggles), a Mario games death sound, George Takei saying "Oh Myyyyyy", and the Transformers transforming noise. I have several people who have their own ringtones (for Mom and Dad, it's the Muppets doing Mahna Mahna), and I switch out the default ring every so often.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

BarensMom

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
On DH's IPhone 4S, he had his ringtone set to David Lee Roth screaming.  He didn't bother to change the tone for me when I inherited it.  I had that thing in the hospital, where every time it went off, the nurse came in to see what was wrong with me.  I kept trying to change it without success, so I finally took it to the Genius Bar and they managed to get rid of it and change it to something more suitable, a barking dog.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2013, 12:28:04 AM »
I've heard ringtones in stores and on public transportation that are not only annoying but offensive.  Racist, sexist, laced with profanity.....rude?  Definitely.  >:(

I've never said anything; just keep moving (sometimes after giving the stink eye).
Someone I had met online and was visiting in RL  had a recording of her husband as her ringtone.  "Hey, (f-word)ing (female dog), get off your fat lazy (f-word)ing (donkey) and answer the (f-word)ing phone!"  She thought it was funny.  Yeah, that was an awkward visit.  ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Redsoil

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »
One thing that no-one has yet mentioned, that drives me batty is this:

You phone someone, only to have (sounding right in your ear!) a loud and annoying rock song or other obnoxious noise in addition to the normal "ring ring" sound when it reaches their phone.  HATE this!!!  (And I like rock, but not in that bedamned context!)  Hanging up is not an option (work calls).  Seriously people, STOP IT!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »

You phone someone, only to have (sounding right in your ear!) a loud and annoying rock song or other obnoxious noise in addition to the normal "ring ring" sound when it reaches their phone.  HATE this!!!  (And I like rock, but not in that bedamned context!)  Hanging up is not an option (work calls).  Seriously people, STOP IT!

I've never had that happen, ever.  Odd.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:34:22 PM by RingTailedLemur »

nayberry

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
For the eldest pirateboy, I set his phone to play this whenever I call him.

http://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1285173/?cep=14

i now must name my first born son that only so i can do this!!!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

I think those are called "ringbacks" so that the caller hears a specific ringtone when they call you.  I haven't encountered that but if the ringback tone was insulting, it would be one way to keep me from calling them!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »

I think those are called "ringbacks" so that the caller hears a specific ringtone when they call you.  I haven't encountered that but if the ringback tone was insulting, it would be one way to keep me from calling them!

A friend of mine used to have one of the Count from Sesame Street counting rings. It was awesome.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »

A friend of mine used to have one of the Count from Sesame Street counting rings. It was awesome.

Now that is cool! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »
My ringtone in general is the Ramones singing I Wanna Be Sedated. My tone for DH is Bon Jovi's It's My Life... and my text tone is GIR saying "do a little dance"....

But I am sure that I mute it at work because the last thing I need for my coworkers to hear is GIR... because GIR is a lot to explain to most people.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

MrTango

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2013, 10:40:39 PM »

I had a job where we were allowed to hang up on someone if they swore at us.  I hung up on several "ringback" tones because they dropped several F-bombs and N-words.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2013, 11:55:53 PM »
My ringtone in general is the Ramones singing I Wanna Be Sedated. My tone for DH is Bon Jovi's It's My Life... and my text tone is GIR saying "do a little dance"....

But I am sure that I mute it at work because the last thing I need for my coworkers to hear is GIR... because GIR is a lot to explain to most people.

GIR?

Nikko-chan

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2013, 12:59:53 AM »

GIR?

From Invader Zim... http://zim.wikia.com/wiki/GIR

Also, on topic... my sisters ringtone for when I call is a song called the Clap... because I was so amused by it she made it the ringtone for when I call

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:51 AM »
I think the only valid ringtones to be complained about are those with offensive lyrics, such as curse words or insults.

I am skeptical about complaining even about those that sound like police sirens or fire alarms- even though they are startling.
I have pet mice!