Author Topic: "Your ring tone is really annoying!"  (Read 12083 times)

Redneck Gravy

Re: "Your ring tone is really annoying!"
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
My alarm tone is Dixie (which some may find offensive but it is not intended to be)

I understand that Abraham Lincoln thought it was a good tune.

It has a good beat, especially at the beginning...

I have also heard it was one of Lincoln's favorites

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
My alarm tone is Dixie (which some may find offensive but it is not intended to be)

I understand that Abraham Lincoln thought it was a good tune.

It has a good beat, especially at the beginning...

I have also heard it was one of Lincoln's favorites

It was the song Lincoln requested be played in Washington the day the war ended, since they had, in a paraphrase of his words, "won it back fairly." However, there are still people who, for good or for ill, will make certain assumptions about that song and the people who listen to it (which irritates me to no end, but there it is).
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

rachellenore

« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 06:52:53 PM »
I would only comment if I liked someone's ringtone or if it were obviously funny. It's very rude to tell someone you don't like their ringtone if you're not close friends or friends who like to tease each other.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2013, 01:16:20 AM »
My ringtone is the Doctor Who theme(Eleven's), go figure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V8ZkHSOqH8 ;P It only gets annoying when I get texts, as I set it to a Dalek yelling "EXTERMINATE!" It's quite amusing in an embarrassing way if I forget to silence it and someone texts me in a quiet place! I've never had anyone accost me for it. Mostly I get chuckles.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:17:58 AM by The TARDIS »

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Stormtreader

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
I found with my new phone that I never realised it was MY phone ringing until Id missed the call, so I set it to the theme tune of my favourite game, Borderlands :D
Since Ive spent so many hours listening to it (and maybe having a sing and dance along) I notice it right away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnSp9rgfel8

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2013, 12:42:16 PM »
I found with my new phone that I never realised it was MY phone ringing until Id missed the call, so I set it to the theme tune of my favourite game, Borderlands :D
Since Ive spent so many hours listening to it (and maybe having a sing and dance along) I notice it right away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnSp9rgfel8

"Look, I'm dancin', I'm DANCIN'!"