A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Food

Broken Window Glass Cake

(1/5) > >>

Venus193:
I'm going to run this idea past Eunice first, but since looking up the recipe for Jello Shots I have wondered whether adding booze to the cube recipes would be a good idea for St Patrick's Day:

The orange cubes would contain Grand Marnier, cherry ones Cherry Kijafa, lime ones Midori Melon or a green apple liqueur.  Another option would be to do green only with Creme de Menthe.

The party will be on Sunday, starting at 3PM.  Phase 1 of the recipe would be carried out on Friday (making the cubes and the graham cracker crust), phase 2 (the surrounding lemon filling) on Saturday morning.  Don't think I'll add alcohol to that because I don't know if it would work with the Cool Whip.

It's a party of adults only.  I will ask Eunice if there are any teetotalers among the guests.

Kaypeep:
This is a know your audience question, I think.  Honestly, I won't eat anything with Cool Whip in it.  I think it's vile and leaves a greasy film in my mouth after eating it.  As for jello, I'll do a jello shot at a party, but I avoid jello desserts.  It looks quite pretty, but I'd never eat it.

Knitterly:
I would eat it in half a heartbeat!!!  And I'd probably go back for seconds (thirds?).

That looks very delicious!

Venus193:
In years past I've made the Grasshopper Pie and the Mandarin Orange one and they disappear.  The cherry version gets made for Christmas.

My only concern about Broken Window Glass Cake is prep time, but since I'm still unemployed I have the time this year.

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: Venus193 on March 11, 2013, 10:04:05 AM ---In years past I've made the Grasshopper Pie and the Mandarin Orange one and they disappear.  The cherry version gets made for Christmas.

My only concern about Broken Window Glass Cake is prep time, but since I'm still unemployed I have the time this year.

--- End quote ---

I think I shall have to request the recipe from you for new years eve.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version