Author Topic: Books in the bathroom.  (Read 7515 times)

Bottlecaps

Re: Books in the bathroom.
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:24 AM »
The first time I went home with him to meet his family, his aunt (more like a mother, since his parents died when he was twelve) came out of the restroom fussing because she forgot her book and had to read the shampoo bottles!

Hehe, I've been known to read the shampoo bottles as well! That was before I started keeping magazines in the bathroom - if I forgot to take a magazine or book in with me, reading the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and cleaning product labels was the way to go!
"Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes." -Tori Amos

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 01:26:27 AM »
The first time I went home with him to meet his family, his aunt (more like a mother, since his parents died when he was twelve) came out of the restroom fussing because she forgot her book and had to read the shampoo bottles!

Hehe, I've been known to read the shampoo bottles as well! That was before I started keeping magazines in the bathroom - if I forgot to take a magazine or book in with me, reading the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and cleaning product labels was the way to go!

This is one of the reasons why I knew how to insert a tampon before I even got my period ;)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 07:03:41 AM »

My son actually keeps a book on the floor of the toilet.  :)
Stewart/Colbert '16

Kari

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2013, 08:48:19 AM »
I have a whole mini-library in the bathroom, but then again I do love to read in the tub until I'm cold and pruney.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »
I'm usually in and out of the bathroom pretty quickly.  I used to read books in the tub but they got pruned too fast andI like to keep my books.   

Mr. Thipu, on the other hand, will spend up to 20 minutes for his morning ablutions.   He brings in catalogs and 'Scientific American'  to read.  I know he's finished with the bathroom when I hear the magazines and cataloges go 'Plop' in the hall. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
I'm usually in and out of the bathroom pretty quickly.  I used to read books in the tub but they got pruned too fast andI like to keep my books.   

Mr. Thipu, on the other hand, will spend up to 20 minutes for his morning ablutions.   He brings in catalogs and 'Scientific American'  to read.  I know he's finished with the bathroom when I hear the magazines and cataloges go 'Plop' in the hall.

Thank you for including "in the hall".  ;D

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
I never grew up with books in the bathroom. I also grew up until about 12 in a home that only had one bathroom. All subsequent homes only have one bathroom as well. I have also never have the time to read in the bathroom. Once I'm in by the time I picked up and opened a book to the right page I'd probably get 1/2 to two sentences in before I had to put down the book to otherwise employ my hands. I guess I just eat a nice high fiber, high pre & probiotic diet, combined with genes from parents who also never brought books into the bathroom (or seemed to stay in long either). DH does pile magazines in there, but truth be told he never seems to be in there for long, unless he's shaving his head or showering or otherwise grooming and I don't think the magazines get read often if at all (they often don't look like they have moved). As such I've never really considered people actually read in the bathroom, this thread is quite enlightening. I always thought it was more of a joke, or the books were there for people relaxing in the tub, not for sitting on the toilet!

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2013, 01:11:54 PM »
I never grew up with books in the bathroom. I also grew up until about 12 in a home that only had one bathroom. All subsequent homes only have one bathroom as well. I have also never have the time to read in the bathroom. Once I'm in by the time I picked up and opened a book to the right page I'd probably get 1/2 to two sentences in before I had to put down the book to otherwise employ my hands. I guess I just eat a nice high fiber, high pre & probiotic diet, combined with genes from parents who also never brought books into the bathroom (or seemed to stay in long either). DH does pile magazines in there, but truth be told he never seems to be in there for long, unless he's shaving his head or showering or otherwise grooming and I don't think the magazines get read often if at all (they often don't look like they have moved). As such I've never really considered people actually read in the bathroom, this thread is quite enlightening. I always thought it was more of a joke, or the books were there for people relaxing in the tub, not for sitting on the toilet!

This.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »
My mother and I got used to getting in and out of the bathroom quickly.  My father would bring in the entire Sunday paper.  We only had one bathroom. 

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »

My father would annouce to us all that he was heading in for his "morning sit down" and would ALWAYS bring reading material. Thankfully we had more than one bathroom, although after college when I was living at home we shared a bathroom. I had to be up earlier, which was good since he also smoked.

I will read in the bathroom as well. I've never really thought about germs, and never caught anything, so I think I'm safe. I don't have space to leave anything there so my stuff comes in and out.  I also read in teh tub.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
I'm really bad about reading in the tub.  :-[  I try to be considerate, and wait until everyone else has either had their baths or gone to bed.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
I have one hard, fast rule:  I don't read while I bathe.

The force of the shower head can make me lose my page.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
My father would annouce to us all that he was heading in for his "morning sit down" and would ALWAYS bring reading material.

My mother always said, 'I've got to go sit'.  And I've heard people call it their 'constitutional'.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

EMuir

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
I stopped borrowing cartoon collections from the library when I visited a relative's place and saw a bunch of those around the base of the toilet.  Yep, convenient, but you can never be 100% sure there will be no dripping.. ewwwww.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 01:42:13 AM »
As such I've never really considered people actually read in the bathroom, this thread is quite enlightening. I always thought it was more of a joke, or the books were there for people relaxing in the tub, not for sitting on the toilet!

Same here. I'm trying to think when I last encountered reading material in a bathroom and I'm coming up blank. I had no idea that any significant number of people actually did that. The "germ" aspect of it doesn't bother me at all, but I can't imagine myself staying in the bathroom long enough to get any reading in.
Esan ozenki!

Arizona