General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Phone Conference Etiquette

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bramble:
Is there an option in the conference call system for the leaders to mute all other lines?  In know in ours a leader can enter *5 and it mutes all the other lines, anybody who needs to talk can unmute their line later.  If there is an option like that, I'd suggest that to the leaders in case they don't know about it, as that avoids singling anybody out.

RebeccainGA:
Oh, we've heard this - and flushing, and eating (loudly) - for Pete's sake, that's WHY there's a mute option!

We always do a "we're getting a lot of feedback - can you please mute your microphones?" when that happens - politer than saying "gee, did you really carry your phone into the ladies room?"

RebeccainGA:
Oh, we've heard this - and flushing, and eating (loudly) - for Pete's sake, that's WHY there's a mute option!

We always do a "we're getting a lot of feedback - can you please mute your microphones?" when that happens - politer than saying "gee, did you really carry your phone into the ladies room?"

IWish:

--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on March 15, 2013, 08:21:52 AM ---Oh, we've heard this - and flushing, and eating (loudly) - for Pete's sake, that's WHY there's a mute option!

--- End quote ---

You've got to be kidding! People actually take their unmuted phone into the restroom on a BUSINESS conference call?! I cry for the future.  :o

RebeccainGA:

--- Quote from: IWish on March 15, 2013, 09:36:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: RebeccainGA on March 15, 2013, 08:21:52 AM ---Oh, we've heard this - and flushing, and eating (loudly) - for Pete's sake, that's WHY there's a mute option!

--- End quote ---

You've got to be kidding! People actually take their unmuted phone into the restroom on a BUSINESS conference call?! I cry for the future.  :o

--- End quote ---
Heard a lady apparently giving a harangue about their poor performance to her whole store by conference call (we have retail operations training in our building) and then a flush the other day in our ladies room. I was appalled on so many levels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version