Author Topic: I'm an Idiot...Help Me Post a Picture!  (Read 397 times)

Shabooty

I'm an Idiot...Help Me Post a Picture!
« on: August 01, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »
I wanted to start a thread, but need to post a pic in it.  Can someone give me remedial instructions on how to do this?

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
Re: I'm an Idiot...Help Me Post a Picture!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
There are instructions in one of the administration folders. There's also an "insert image" icon when you compose a message -- on my screen, it's the leftmost icon of the middle row.

Your image has to be hosted someplace else -- EHell can only display them, not provide storage and since the forum can't reach out to your home computer, you need to upload the picture to some image storage service and get a URL to the image.

Update: Here's the link to the admin thread.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:01:47 PM by artk2002 »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Shabooty

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
Thanks!  I saw the insert image icon, but couldn't figure out what to do with it.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
Thanks for starting this, as I too couldn't figure it out!

Shabooty

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »
OK, I've managed to save the pic to my google account - nothing sort of miraculous.  But when I click on the insert image icon all I get is what you see below.  I thought I would be "asked" from where the pic shoulc be retrieved.  Thanks for help!

Shabooty

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »
Before you think I can't follow instructions, I should mention that I did read them but google has been updated since that admin thread was created and I don't have the same options.  I will continue to try!

squeakers

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:46:11 PM »
You'll need to click on the photo and then copy the url in your status bar .. then paste that url between the [*img]url goes here[*/img] tags. <-- not actual tags so that the code can be read.

Url will look something like https://plus.google.com/photos/##############/albums/###############?enfplm&hl=en&utm_source=lmnavbr&utm_medium=embd&utm_campaign=lrnmre&rtsl=1&pid=##############&oid=############## (numbers exchanged for hashmarks for privacy reasons) 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:45:10 PM by squeakers »
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
Remove the *s, they're just there to show you the code.

It'll go like this:

[*img*]url goes here[*/img*]

Just put your URL in the middle there, take out the *s, and you should have your picture show up.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~