Author Topic: No sample for you!  (Read 1838 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: No sample for you!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
I went shopping a couple of weeks ago with my DD#1 so that she could stock up on groceries before I brought her back to school.

There was a sample person with shrimp and cocktail sauce. DD#1 looked at me and said "Mom, can I please try one of those?"

The kid is almost 21 years old! I must have done something right when she was a child. 8) Either that or somehow I scared her off of samples. I wonder what she does when she shops on her own.

Anyhoo -- MOM21SON, I think the policy of asking for parental consent is a great policy and should be enforced.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »
I can absolutely believe that some kids run around grabbing samples without even interacting with the employees, and that the parents don't watch or care.  I actually like the solution my Publix has - all their sample tables are really high.  Generally around chest level.  It's got to be a pain for people who use wheelchairs, but it probably stops grabby little hands - kids who are tall enough to see what the samples are are probably tall enough to have learned to ask first!

MOM21SON

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »
Oh, I am fine with the policy, I have just never heard of it.  Most of the kids I know are aware of their allergies and know what they can't have.

DS is 14 and is way taller than me and I am 5'7.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:28 PM »
I can absolutely believe that some kids run around grabbing samples without even interacting with the employees, and that the parents don't watch or care.  I actually like the solution my Publix has - all their sample tables are really high.  Generally around chest level.  It's got to be a pain for people who use wheelchairs, but it probably stops grabby little hands - kids who are tall enough to see what the samples are are probably tall enough to have learned to ask first!

Come to think of it, the sample tables at Wegmans are high, too. Probably for the same reason.