Author Topic: I don't agree with you actually. long  (Read 4186 times)

Eden

Re: I don't agree with you actually. long
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 11:36:10 AM »
Great job, OP!

Something similar happened to my sister. A man in line in front of her kept demanding he be given a discount for a coupon he did not have. The clerk was polite but did not back down. "Our policy is you have to turn in the coupon to receive the discount." The man became increasingly agitated and belligerent, finally declaring he was going to get the clerk fired because she was rude and unhelpful. He turned to my sister and said, "And you'll be my witness." My sister replied, "Feel free to list me as a witness but the only thing I'm going to report is what an incredible jerk you've been to this poor girl who is just doing her job." The man harumphed and stalked out of the business.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 03:41:56 PM »
Great job, Zilla!

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 04:09:29 AM »
I called and ended up speaking to the owner of the establishment.  I told him I was in this afternoon and was very pleased at the service and attention I received.  And that I actually ended up learning something I didn't know about Fed Ex in which she was very helpful with.  I mentioned that there was an irate customer and she handled her with ease.  He said, "Oh the copier lady?"  And I told him yes.  He went on to say he did hear from her and was surprised as the clerk is usually very good at her job.  He asked some questions.  And based on the questions he asked, it sounds like the lady heavily embellished what had really happened. 

He shouldn't be surprised, if he's worked in customer service for any length of time. When I worked in a retail store, most of the managers knew that some customers were only out to pick a fight. They would sympathize and try to appease the customer, but they knew some customers were just bat-poo crazy and the clerk usually didn't get in trouble unless there was a genuine transgression.