Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Too early to the party/update #53

<< < (14/14)

Surianne:

--- Quote from: lowspark on April 03, 2013, 08:19:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: Surianne on April 02, 2013, 10:36:08 PM ---...wouldn't it make sense to think the best of her, rather than assume she's being deliberately insulting? 
--- End quote ---

Surianne,
that's why I said:

--- Quote from: lowspark on April 01, 2013, 09:50:14 AM ---In the light of day, as I type this out, it could have been pretty innocent and of course I'll give her the benefit of the doubt
--- End quote ---

I never said or even thought that she was being deliberately insulting. I have no idea where you got that idea.

Thanks artk2002 & others who understood where I was coming from. You got it exactly right.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for clarifying, Lowspark.  I was getting a very hurt/angry tone from your posts and those agreeing with you about the insult, so I'm glad to hear that's not the case.  Hard to read tone on the internet sometimes. 

EllenS:
I have a funny story about early guests.  When DH and I were newlyweds, we were hosting a small get-together at our tiny city apartment, and the guests included the new pastor of our church (an older man/experienced pastor, but new to our church), and his wife.

Due to the long trip required on public transportation, they arrived about 15 minutes early.  Now, about 20 minutes before the start time, DH and I realized we had been so busy getting the apartment/food ready, neither of us had showered or dressed. We decided to double-up and "save time and water".

About 5 minutes later we realize the doorbell is ringing and someone is knocking.  While I go to peer around the door in my towel, sopping wet, DH is scooting through the bedroom/sitting room in his towel, grabbing clothes.  Pastor took one look and said, "We'll come back later."  I wanted to shout, "no, really!  cleanliness, that's it!" But of course, that would have just made it worse.

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: Surianne on April 01, 2013, 06:18:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: lowspark on April 01, 2013, 09:50:14 AM ---My co-host, told me that the early arriver told her that the GOH had requested she get there early to sort of make sure we had everything under control. Now, I'm not exactly sure how to take this.

--- End quote ---

Why would you read anything negative into this?  To me it just sounds like the guest of honour suggested she showed up early in case you needed extra help.  Nothing nefarious about that -- they were both probably trying to be helpful.

--- End quote ---

Early Bird may have also asked to arrive early, or asked if there was anything she could do to help. And GoH may have said, "well, they have it under control, but if you want to arrive early, they maybe could use an extra set of hands," and it came out of Early Bird's mouth differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version