General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

How to stop repetitive/unnecessary comments?

<< < (2/5) > >>

lowspark:
I'd probably just smile and ask if there was anything he needed help with.

For some reason this reminds me of the guy on Saturday Night Live who sits by the copier and narrates everyone's actions as they come to make copies.

Amanita:

--- Quote from: Oh Joy on March 18, 2013, 02:51:04 PM ---

How would you respond if the topic weren't related to you?  If his schtick was to always comment on the weather/gas prices/the arrangement of magazines in the lobby?

--- End quote ---

Well, given this person's reputation, I'm a little concerned that he's going to start spreading gossip about me, that I'm OCD or something.

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: Amanita on March 18, 2013, 02:58:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Oh Joy on March 18, 2013, 02:51:04 PM ---

How would you respond if the topic weren't related to you?  If his schtick was to always comment on the weather/gas prices/the arrangement of magazines in the lobby?

--- End quote ---

Well, given this person's reputation, I'm a little concerned that he's going to start spreading gossip about me, that I'm OCD or something.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it. I think he's just one of those bores who checks out in a store and says "If it doesn't scan, it's free" every time he goes there.

Winterlight:
"So you keep saying."

Coralreef:
If he comes at specific times, just hide everything that's on the desk before he shows up.  Or come in with some completely unrelated things every time - action figures, legos, Rubik's cube  >:D .  At least it won't be the same comments over and over. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version