Author Topic: Guess I have a new job AKA: Funny thing that happened at lunch yesterday.  (Read 5119 times)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
I went to McDonald's yesterday for lunch. I was peacefully eating my frys and reading my Kindle when a lady sat down at a table near me. She looked at me and said that she didn't like pale people. Ok, Don't engage the crazy, just pretend you didn't hear her.

She then said "You must be really hungry" "Ok", I think, "totally normal combo meal. Nothing huge here" I actually said "I am so sorry, I am trying to get caught up on this for work" (ok, yea, my book was not work related, but it is a Kindle, how does she know that) She didn't say anything.

A few minutes later she said "What kind of work do you do? I know, you are a prostitute. A FAT prostitute!" grabs her sundae and leaves. The lady at the table next to me and the people around us had to pick their jaws up from the ground. I said" Hmm, been accused of many things, but that is not one of them!" Cue the whole restaurant bursting out in laughter.  First time in a long time that my brain was working well enough to come up with something like that!

Nemesis

You handled it very well! Thanks for the story. It provided me with much needed laughter!!  ;D :D ;D

BeagleMommy

What!!!???  :o :o :o :o

Oh my, that's....um, wow!  Thanks for the laugh!

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
I would call that a "boggles the mind" what people will do in public to a complete stranger.  I can't believe she thought you were a pale, overeating prostitute.

Yeah I am glad nothing else happened.

NyaChan

LOL I love that the ever-present group of crazy strangers just keep outdoing themselves

heartmug

lol!  Was she trying to shame you into not talking to her?  Good for you, coming up with that quick response.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Otterpop

CRUD MONKEYS! OP, what a nutter.  You are too funny!  Kudos for being quick on your toes.  ;)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
I would call that a "boggles the mind" what people will do in public to a complete stranger.  I can't believe she thought you were a pale, overeating prostitute.

Yeah I am glad nothing else happened.

Well, i hear the girls with specialties make more money ... No? OK. Moving on.

That's so cool you came up with a response just like that, Wulfie. People sure do get crazy, don't they?
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

johelenc1

What in the world! :o

Crazy Chicken Lady

:o
I can't believe she did that! Wow, just wow!

Glad you didn't let the woman's insult bother you. Good job not engaging her.

bloo

What?
Pale + food=fat prostitute
NONE of you see the connection?!

J/K ;D

(there is something wrong with her behavior and I'm not in anyway saying she's psycho - Bloo runs off to sit on the naughty step)

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
I am pretty sure from her whole demeanor that there may be 1 or more screws loose. That is part of why I decided right away when she made the "pale" comment to not engage with her.  Sadly the Department of Social and Health Services is across the street from this McDonald's and there are frequently people there who have mental health issues.

As for pale, OH YEA! I am so pale I am almost clear. Even the "Fair" shades are too dark for me with most makeup! Fat, yep am that too! Prostitute, Nope, right out. However, I hear that they make better money than apartment managers do!

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
I don't often use the term "freeze-dried whackaloon," but when I do, I make sure the person deserves it.

This is one of those times. Wow.  :o
Esan ozenki!

Arizona

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
The sad thing is, I don't think any of us would have been surprised if this woman had been male and the conversation had gone like this:

Him: rude conversation starter!
You: pretend you don't hear him
Him: demand that you reply by lobbing another insult disguised as a question
You: "I am so sorry; I am trying to get caught up on this for work."
Him: YOU WON'T TALK TO ME SO YOU MUST HAVE LOOSE MORALS AND ALSO I THINK YOU'RE UGLY!

I wish I could say that were unusual  :-\

ClaireC79

What were you reading 'for work' that made her think you were a prostitute? The karma sutra?