Author Topic: Guess I have a new job AKA: Funny thing that happened at lunch yesterday.  (Read 5166 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Only one word for this situation: random.

Wulfie, I am also nearly clear, overweight and read a Kindle. I need to confess my new occupation to DH when he gets home.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Holy schnitzel!!!!  That is funny...how on earth do you get that leap from someone eating lunch and reading a kindle?  You handled it better than me because I probably would still have my jaw on the floor!

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
My flabber, it is gasted.

Definitely a whack-a-loon.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
EvilTraska suggested: "Sorry, not my type and there's not enough money, honey."

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
What were you reading 'for work' that made her think you were a prostitute? The karma sutra?

Something on her Kindle - because you know that was just an erotic book in a plain wrapper made to look like an electronic device!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
I've been accused of being a prostitute, but that was because someone misunderstood "prosecutor". :)  That lady is just crazy. You're reading in a McDonald's so you must be a prostitute?? She knows an educated set of prostitutes, I guess, if the reading is the big giveaway.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
It's funny but sad at the same time. The poor woman obviously has mental issues.

mmswm

Only one word for this situation: random.

Wulfie, I am also nearly clear, overweight and read a Kindle. I need to confess my new occupation to DH when he gets home.

I am also nearly clear and overweight, but I prefer a Nexus 7.  Should I be adjusting my occupation on all this paperwork I'm currently filling out, or does the difference in ereader make a difference in occupation?
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
I could be using the Kindle app on my iPad.  :-*

snowfire

Gee, I was in McD's this noon, eating a burger and reading a book on the Kindle app on my Galaxy tablet. Oh yeah, I'm pudgy and blond too...Le sigh.

Love the term "freeze dried whackaloon" !  I'm happily stealing it for use as needed.  Probably just before application of clue x 12.

CaffeineKatie

I am definitely going to stop using the drive-thru at McDonald's--I'm missing the floor show inside!  Seriously, thanks for the laugh--AND for freeze-dried whackaloon!  Made my day!

MrsVandy

• Formally futurelillady
I agree with CaffeineKatie clearly I need to start eating inside! Good for you  not giving the crazy lady the reaction she was looking for.

Bluenomi

Did you forget to put your clothes on that morning?  ;D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Overweight, pale, and 55 - so I guess I'm an old lady of the evening?  Although I'm probably using my Nook since I don't own a Kindle.

Freeze dried whackaloon on the side with my grilled Caesar salad, please.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
I don't often use the term "freeze-dried whackaloon," but when I do, I make sure the person deserves it.

This is one of those times. Wow.  :o

I love the term.  Thanks for enriching the language.  :D