Author Topic: Doing the Twist in public  (Read 3578 times)

NyaChan

Doing the Twist in public
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »
I have a question about something that happens from time to time, but I never think to ask anyone.  Except right now, I'm in a public spot with the problem and I'm not sure what the proper procedure is.

You know how sometimes when you wear a skirt you suddenly realize that the slit that was in the back is now on the side or in the front?  And before you noticed it, you felt okay, but now that you know, it is really hard to ignore? 

When that happens in public, is the proper thing to do to leave the room to go to the restroom to twist it back (no need to unzip/unbutton, just slide it around) or is it okay to stand up and do a quick twist back around?

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Re: Doing the Twist in public
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
I hate clothes that develop a mind of their own.  I just go to the most private place I can (even if it means hiding behind a file cabinet ) and made the quick adjustment.   ::)

bah12

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
I actually thought this question was going to be about playing the game in public and I was thinking "why would anyone want to do that?"  And then I thought...it was about the dance, and my thought was "why would anyone care?"

As for the skirt thing, I think it can probably be done on the spot naturally enough that no one would notice (sort of like fixing your collar or smoothing out the bottom of a sweater.)  If it's a tighter skirt that takes a bit of "dancing" to twist back around, then going to the bathroom to fix it is probably the best bet. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:19:00 PM by bah12 »

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
As long as it isn't a skirt like the one I had, go for it.  I think you are fine to adjust as bah12 said.

I had a long jean skirt that had snaps all the way up the front.  I had lost a little weight so the whole thing would twist easily.  I was showing a couple of friends how it twisted, in a restaurant, and I must have been a little too enthusiastic because most of the snaps popped open!  I quickly sat down and quickly did up all the snaps in a seated position.  I don't think anyone but my friends saw anything, fortunately.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

sweetonsno

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:03:01 AM »
If it's just slightly askance, fix it right there. If it's totally messed up (as in you might accidentally untuck your shirt or something fixing it), treat it like an unzipped zipper and do what you can to find a bit of privacy right there: face the wall, turn away from others, etc. If the skirt is highly tailored or otherwise carries a major risk of causing another wardrobe malfunction (or resulting in an obvious shimmy), excuse yourself to the restroom.

katycoo

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 01:06:40 AM »
If all i have to do is grab the seams and swivel it straight, I'm not going to bother to hide.  I'll just do it.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »
Okay, I had visions of a flash mob dancing to Chubby Checker when I saw the title of this thread.

If it is something you can fix without exposure, go ahead and twist it to the right direction.  If not, find the nearest restroom and adjust.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
Okay, I had visions of a flash mob dancing to Chubby Checker when I saw the title of this thread.

If it is something you can fix without exposure, go ahead and twist it to the right direction.  If not, find the nearest restroom and adjust.

That's exactly what I thought.  :)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

Oh, good, it's not just me.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

strawbabies

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »
If all you're doing is rotating the skirt so the seams and slit are in the right places, I don't see any need to run to privacy.  Just fix it. 

NyaChan

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »

:-[  Sorry, I don't recognize the reference.  What's Chubby Checker?

In the moment, I was sitting in class with other people and standing up would have been conspicuous.  I couldn't leave because it was that awkward period when class has technically started so everyone is quiet and waiting, but the professor is busy with an individual group discussion so I had no idea when he'd actually start the class.  The skirt was a zip-up, just needed a quick twirl and I had a suit jacket on so no one would have seen anything but me twisting the skirt around, but I couldn't do it sitting down without calling attention to myself (and they tape this class to post the video online so I did NOT want my chair acrobatics to be placed out there for posterity lol) and I knew there would be no doubt as to what I was doing if I stood up to make the adjustment.  For some reason, I was worried that it would fall under the whole, don't adjust rolled pantyhose or creeping underwear in public rule.  Luckily we moved back into a group mode in class so I could stand up with everyone else to move to our new spots and it was less conspicuous when I twisted it around.

So if I am getting it right - it is okay to adjust the outer layer of bottom-wear(?) in public if no skin is exposed and exiting to a private place is not an option?

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:36:48 AM »

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »

:-[  Sorry, I don't recognize the reference.  What's Chubby Checker?

In the moment, I was sitting in class with other people and standing up would have been conspicuous.  I couldn't leave because it was that awkward period when class has technically started so everyone is quiet and waiting, but the professor is busy with an individual group discussion so I had no idea when he'd actually start the class.  The skirt was a zip-up, just needed a quick twirl and I had a suit jacket on so no one would have seen anything but me twisting the skirt around, but I couldn't do it sitting down without calling attention to myself (and they tape this class to post the video online so I did NOT want my chair acrobatics to be placed out there for posterity lol) and I knew there would be no doubt as to what I was doing if I stood up to make the adjustment.  For some reason, I was worried that it would fall under the whole, don't adjust rolled pantyhose or creeping underwear in public rule.  Luckily we moved back into a group mode in class so I could stand up with everyone else to move to our new spots and it was less conspicuous when I twisted it around.

So if I am getting it right - it is okay to adjust the outer layer of bottom-wear(?) in public if no skin is exposed and exiting to a private place is not an option?

Well, if it was a matter of somebody taping, I'd have done just what you did--I wouldn't want to stand up suddenly in the middle of class and get on video doing it. I too would have waited till I could stand inconspicuously. But the actual adjustment, I think, is fine. It's not an undergarment and you don't reveal any more skin/undies during the twisting process than the skirt already reveals.

Calistoga

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
In public is fine, you aren't doing anything obscene. Same goes for pulling up a shirt sleeve that refuses to stay on your shoulder, fixing the cuff on pants etc.

whatsanenigma

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
Personally I always go to a restroom when this happens because I always end up having to pull down and adjust whatever shirt/shell I have tucked into it.  It twists along with the skirt and so it needs to be straightened.  But if that's not the case for you, which is seems it isn't for most people, then I say just go for it and "twist" away-unless of course you are being filmed (as in the above example) or it otherwise might bring more attention to you than just standing still and leaving the problem be would.