Author Topic: Doing the Twist in public  (Read 3560 times)

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
Re: Doing the Twist in public
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 10:39:51 AM »
Personally I always go to a restroom when this happens because I always end up having to pull down and adjust whatever shirt/shell I have tucked into it.  It twists along with the skirt and so it needs to be straightened.  But if that's not the case for you, which is seems it isn't for most people, then I say just go for it and "twist" away-unless of course you are being filmed (as in the above example) or it otherwise might bring more attention to you than just standing still and leaving the problem be would.

Ah, see, the difference for me is I seldom tuck anything in.  ;D I prefer styles of tops that look "finished" without being tucked in--tucking in is doom to my particular body type!  ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
If its just a matter of turning the skirt around, and nothing will be exposed, I just do it.

This does remind me of me and my prom dress. It was strapless, and as I was a bit of a late bloomer, had very little to hold it up, so my mom actually had to take in the top. Undr which I wore a strapless bra. Which somehow, after a full night of dancing, ended up around my waist! Thankfully the dress was not see through, so I just let it be, rather than keep trying to pull it up.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
NyaChan, Chubby Checker is a singer from the 1950/60s era who had a big hit with a song called "The Twist" that inspired a dance.  The dance requires a lot of hip shaking.

Puts away BeagleMommy's music geek.

NyaChan

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »
NyaChan, Chubby Checker is a singer from the 1950/60s era who had a big hit with a song called "The Twist" that inspired a dance.  The dance requires a lot of hip shaking.

Ohhh! I know the song for sure, I didn't realize they were the artists - Thank you for sharing your music geek knowledge with me :)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »

Ohhh! I know the song for sure, I didn't realize they were the artists - Thank you for sharing your music geek knowledge with me :)

He was the artist - it wasn't a group - or if it was a group, it had a name like Chubby Checker and the ___________ - but I was in third or fourth grade and I don't REMEMBER that much detail (as a preacher's daughter - I would no more be allowed to dance than I would have been able to drink alcohol at the same age or go without clothing!).

Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

whatsanenigma

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 07:42:05 AM »
Personally I always go to a restroom when this happens because I always end up having to pull down and adjust whatever shirt/shell I have tucked into it.  It twists along with the skirt and so it needs to be straightened.  But if that's not the case for you, which is seems it isn't for most people, then I say just go for it and "twist" away-unless of course you are being filmed (as in the above example) or it otherwise might bring more attention to you than just standing still and leaving the problem be would.

Ah, see, the difference for me is I seldom tuck anything in.  ;D I prefer styles of tops that look "finished" without being tucked in--tucking in is doom to my particular body type!  ;D

Oh, I do hear you on that.  What I actually like to do is have one shirt (just a plain tee shirt or shell or something) tucked into the skirt and then put a more flowy top over it.  So the inner layer is tucked in but the outer one is not.  If I just wear something tucked in, that is usually doom to my body type as well, but for some reason, if I do that as the first layer, it seems to look better than if I just wear the "finished" top by itself.  (Also it keeps down on the bra strap peeking out problem.)  And in my case, there is usually a slip that twists along with the skirt, or does not twist, as the case might be, and all the layers have to be readjusted and smoothed out. 

But, of course, the main point still stands.  If you are going to potentially expose yourself, find a restroom (though I admit I have, in a pinch, hidden behind a file cabinet or something) but if you're not, just do it.