Author Topic: S/0 House Hunting: What is your dream home?  (Read 2365 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: S/0 House Hunting: What is your dream home?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »
That kitchen rocks!! Wow! I love my kitchen, but that one is fantastic. Lovely property.

Oh man, I love that kitchen, yes.  Counters....

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »
That kitchen rocks!! Wow! I love my kitchen, but that one is fantastic. Lovely property.

See, I looked at that kitchen, and wondered where my dishwasher, stove, fridge, etc were.  I eventually found the stove, but it would irritate me unreasonably to have to go out of the kitchen area to get to my fridge and such!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »

See, I looked at that kitchen, and wondered where my dishwasher, stove, fridge, etc were.  I eventually found the stove, but it would irritate me unreasonably to have to go out of the kitchen area to get to my fridge and such!

My fridge, sink, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and freezer are all within five paces of each other.  However, I have no cabinets or counters.  I am willing to walk a little more.

Mikayla

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 06:20:07 PM »
I am such a hot mess when it comes to kitchens.  I want rustic with a touch of French whorehouse.  It's not the done thing these days, which I hate!  Everybody wants sleek, and I wish I was cool, too.  But it ain't happening.

Here's my dream one.  If anyone wants to see it, it's photos 9-10 in the gallery:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/424-Sea-Hawk-Ct_Coppell_TX_75019_M83005-71127?row=1

BatCity

• Duct Tape and Chicken Wire
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 08:27:56 PM »
I'm happy to say I've done the huge house, and I a sooooo over it. Big houses are a pain...even if I were wealthy, I wouldn't live in one again. Taking care of it is a full time job.

My dream home is a single level, no more than 2500 square feet, with a single large living area and a large kitchen with a sweeping sit-down counter that just invites everyone to plunk down and hang with the cook. It has to be nice and light, and have a pleasant spot to sit outside.

The garage would just be for cars, but DH can have a 5000 square foot workshop so he can fill the house with lovely handmade furniture.