Author Topic: Best Friends  (Read 960 times)

momto3daughters

Best Friends
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
Yesterday while out my best friend came with me to order my new fridge (old one died) well having to drop that amount of money that was to go to my husband college really bummed me out.

We shop toghether a lot and are use to the whole, should I buy should I not buy. We both live on tight incomes and really after spending 1000 dollars on a fridge I talked myself out of buying a new purse that I liked. Well a few minutes later we are standing in line and next thing I know she is paying for the purse I helped her pick out and had the one I had liked. She gave it to me to cheer me up and as an early bday prsent, Granted it wasnt a huge expensive purse (neither of us would buy one that cost a ton) and I did buy us sandwiches on our way home but It really made my day to get a surprise like that.

Ive had a horrid last couple of months and having a friend like her really is great, she does so much for me and I do for her as well but shes just the greatest of friends and the purse is a nice thing I can have as a full time reminer that she cares.

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
Re: Best Friends
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »
I saw my best friend last night for the first time in a couple of weeks -even though we live close to each other we've just been so busy.  There was a whole group of us hanging out but when she went to take a cig break I went with her and within minutes we were howling with laughter - best night of the summer by far.  Best friends rock  ;D

kateqd

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:11 PM »
Best friends rock 
They certainly do. My best friend and I live staes apart now and rarely get to see each other in person. This past Saturday she came up and we went out to dinner at our favorite place. You never laugh as hard as you do when you are with your best friend. Even with my husband I dont laugh as hard as I do with her. Plus, there is that added something where you know that what ever they tell you is the God's honest truth, no matter how hard it is to tell you, they never sugar coat anything. Even if you love that dress, they will tell you how it honestly looks on you.

Happy_Momma

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:36:41 PM »
that is so so sweet! what a nice thing to do, it sounds like you both have great friends :)