Author Topic: Bridezilla, passive-aggression, and drama! This post has it all!  (Read 16896 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Bridezilla, passive-aggression, and drama! This post has it all!
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:57 PM »
Oh my dear and fluffy lord, I think that amount of crisis & drama would make ANYONE flying-rodent-poo crazy. I don't know if it would make me lash out at a dear friend like that, but I know I'd be more than halfway to the funny farm!
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

LadyR

• Musings of A Pinterest Mom
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:08 PM »
I'm glad you worked it out. I wondered if there was other stuff going on. It sounds like Rien is being piled upon (having to find a new photographer could be a nightmare as many book up a year in advance and will be an expense they hadn't bargained on), so if she got the news a bout possibly having to move last, I can see why she might have lashed out. It doesn't excuse her behaviour, but it explains it a bit.

KB

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:34 PM »
I'm glad you're so very forgiving, but I don't know what it says about her that, rather than turning to you for a shoulder to cry on, she lashes out instead. She's lucky you were willing to work through it and find a solution rather than doing what most people would see as the logical step and cutting her off completely. I hope she realises how fortunate she is.

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »
I'm glad you're so very forgiving, but I don't know what it says about her that, rather than turning to you for a shoulder to cry on, she lashes out instead. She's lucky you were willing to work through it and find a solution rather than doing what most people would see as the logical step and cutting her off completely. I hope she realises how fortunate she is.

I agree.  Not to downplay what to Rien are big issues, but I know of people (myself included) facing far bigger crises' and they/we don't lash out at those nearest and dearest to us, especially when they've been  kind enough to fund their lifestyles for the past few years.

tacrat

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2013, 09:36:15 AM »
It does sort of show what type of person she is that one of her major stress points used as a mitigating factor is that she has lost another valuable service that she was expecting for free (the photographer).  That is a major wedding expense.  So she blows up when she's suddenly expected to pay for things she is responsible for herself!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
On the other hand, I am less than 30 days from my wedding, and getting emails from vendors offering huge markdowns for cancelled dates and remaining openings for the rest of the year, so there are deals to be had. Sure, it won't be FREE, but it doesn't have to be full price, either.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

LadyR

• Musings of A Pinterest Mom
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »
On the other hand, I am less than 30 days from my wedding, and getting emails from vendors offering huge markdowns for cancelled dates and remaining openings for the rest of the year, so there are deals to be had. Sure, it won't be FREE, but it doesn't have to be full price, either.

I don't know where you are but generally April is less expensivewill have more openings that August as August is high, high wedding season. Even the beginning of May will be less busy (at least here).

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »

I don't know where you are but generally April is less expensivewill have more openings that August as August is high, high wedding season. Even the beginning of May will be less busy (at least here).

Here, April & May are decidedly off-season, as Mother Nature hasn't decided if it's Spring or not yet. :-) But, if someone has a cancellation or a random date without a booking, often times they will offer a dramatic markdown to get someone in that slot.

ACBNYC

« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2013, 01:07:29 PM »

Here, April & May are decidedly off-season, as Mother Nature hasn't decided if it's Spring or not yet. :-) But, if someone has a cancellation or a random date without a booking, often times they will offer a dramatic markdown to get someone in that slot.

I just saw this the other day: http://www.bridalbrokerage.com/ The company buys cancelled weddings from the bride/groom and resells them at a discount. Definitely a way to get a wedding for a discount although you won't have much flexibility in terms of dates, etc.