A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

What Did You Just Say?

(1/4) > >>

Thipu1:
The thread on 'What?' made me remember situations in which a misunderstanding turned humorous. 

Recently, Mr. Thipu and I were having a conversation about a tour we took.  He looked befuddled and asked me, 'I don't understand where this conversation is going'.

'What?'

'You were talking about beer fights'.

'I was talking about fear of heights'. 

What similar situations have you had?

Free Range Hippy Chick:
When the Chicks were small, we had a visitor coming, so DH put the bunk beds together so that the Chicks could share a room and free up the other room for Granny. The Elder Chick was 'helping' - for a given value of 'help' - and climbing up the bed frame, swinging on the ends etc etc. Presently he announced loudly 'I'm a Pie!' DH was used to small boy conversation and much too experienced to ask why, so he simply said cheerfully, 'Are you? What sort of pie?'

'Huh?' said Baffled Elder Chick.

'Apple pie? Rhubarb pie? Chicken pie?'

Elder Chick stared at him as if he was the stupidest daddy ever, and enunciated clearly 'I'm up high.

Tierrainney:
We have two cats. I am the official claw trimmer. The newer, younger cat does not much like having her claws trimmed. So one day after a struggle, I announced to my husband, "well at least I got 6 paws done" He replied, "on which cat?"

After I stared at him for awhile, we realized he had heard 6 claws. As far as I know my cats are the normal four legged variety.  ;D

Delia DeLyons:
My BF has the bluetooth through the microphone in the headliner of the car into the car's audio system... And it rarely, if ever, understands his commands.  Example : he'll say 'Call Mom' and the car lady robot voice replies 'Calling Tom' etc., etc...

So yesterday we're talking about our friend, Mark Schwimmer... BF was in a silly mood and says, 'oh, I'll just call him' then he pushes the blootooth button on the steering wheel and commands 'Call that mother jumper now!' and the car responds 'Calling Mark Bremmer on mobile'. We went hysterical with laughter!  (the car misunderstood what he said, but called who we were talking about... So crazy!!!)

SamiHami:

--- Quote from: Tierrainney on March 25, 2013, 12:28:12 PM ---We have two cats. I am the official claw trimmer. The newer, younger cat does not much like having her claws trimmed. So one day after a struggle, I announced to my husband, "well at least I got 6 paws done" He replied, "on which cat?"

After I stared at him for awhile, we realized he had heard 6 claws. As far as I know my cats are the normal four legged variety.  ;D

--- End quote ---

That made me giggle.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version