Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 44906 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
You want to really see a train wreck of acting from Keanu Reeves, he played Don John in Much Ado About Nothing (1993). Oooof, Keanu Reeves trying to deliver Shakespeare is just about as bad as it gets. The rest of the movie was surprisingly just fine -- they cast real people for the other roles.

Was just thinking of that one  :)  It's particularly bad because he's up there against people like Denzel Washington, Kenneth Branagh, and Emma Thompson - Keanu Reeves spends the whole thing looking like he has something uncomfortable lodged in his posterior and someone took away his favorite toy.

Never saw it but that description was hilarious!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

LazyDaisy

« Reply #346 on: April 11, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
You want to really see a train wreck of acting from Keanu Reeves, he played Don John in Much Ado About Nothing (1993). Oooof, Keanu Reeves trying to deliver Shakespeare is just about as bad as it gets. The rest of the movie was surprisingly just fine -- they cast real people for the other roles.

Was just thinking of that one  :)  It's particularly bad because he's up there against people like Denzel Washington, Kenneth Branagh, and Emma Thompson - Keanu Reeves spends the whole thing looking like he has something uncomfortable lodged in his posterior and someone took away his favorite toy.
That's just his factory installed expression. Tech support forgot to install the "scowl like a villain" upgrade for the movie.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Snowy Owl

« Reply #347 on: April 11, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »

Never saw it but that description was hilarious!

I've seen it and it's a pretty accurate description.  I don't know what Kenneth Branagh was thinking casting someone with the emotional projection abilities of a plank of wood. 
And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

Friedrich Nietzsche

crella

« Reply #348 on: April 11, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
Definitely "Godzilla vs. Biollante" (1989).  In the 80s they came out with a new Godzilla film yearly, timed to coincide with the start of school winter vacation (12/26-1/5 roughly).  I took DS every year. We saw Mothra, King Ghidorah, etc and so of course we headed off to see this one too. Dark screen, scary suspenseful music (think the first Batman movie) . The camera slowly pans up from water level up, up, up, this twisted trunk of vines until it reaches the head of the beast(musical crescendo), a red rose! :o :o :o

This year's monster was an overgrown red rose bush with a bad temper.....I was instantly gone....I had to duck into my winter coat, I was laughing so hard. DS didn't see the hilarity. We didn't buy the monster that year, to add to the collection (still have the Mothra grub and moth, and a huge King Ghodorah  :D )

Edited to correct an omitted word.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:29:07 PM by crella »

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »

There was a time when people thought that Keanu was going to be an Actor (you know, with a capital A). One of those quirks of history.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »
I'm reminded of a sad Keanu meme that was going around a while ago. :)

I'm also reminded of Jack Sparrow's attempt to speak Latin in At World's End can apply to Keanu. (I say mangled because while he pronounced it well, the way he used them show he didn't know what the phrases meant)

'Res ipsa loquitur, tabula in narfragio", the thing speaks for itself, a plank in a shipwreck. 

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

magicdomino

« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »

This year's monster was an overgrown red rose bush with a bad temper.....I was instantly gone....I had to duck into my winter coat, I was laughing so hard.

Clearly, you haven't met my attack rose:

Calistoga

« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
I'm sure that I've seen worse movies, but one that stands out in my mine is Sucker Punch.

Not because the movie was just god-awful. It was pretty bad, yeah...but I was more disappointed in it because it has the potential to be kind of cool. It had an interesting premise. It was just terribly done. I never go in to a movie expecting it to be bad, but when I expect something to be OK and it's AWFUL, I feel like I've lost something.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:58 PM »
Definitely "Godzilla vs. Biollante" (1989).  In the 80s they came out with a new Godzilla film yearly, timed to coincide with the start of school winter vacation (12/26-1/5 roughly).  I took DS every year. We saw Mothra, King Ghidorah, etc and so of course we headed off to see this one too. Dark screen, scary suspenseful music (think the first Batman movie) . The camera slowly pans up from water level up, up, up, this twisted trunk of vines until it reaches the head of the beast(musical crescendo), a red rose! :o :o :o

This year's monster was an overgrown red rose bush with a bad temper.....I was instantly gone....I had to duck into my winter coat, I was laughing so hard. DS didn't see the hilarity. We didn't buy the monster that year, to add to the collection (still have the Mothra grub and moth, and a huge King Ghodorah  :D )

Edited to correct an omitted word.

I laughed until I cried.  And it was played so seriously; I thought the movie was meant to be a comedy!  Still, it's Godzilla destroying things and a monster fight; even when it's bad, it's still pretty good ;).

Jocelyn

« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
I agree with Titanic, I always say the hero in that movie was the iceberg.

My sister and father were at the Titanic Historical Society's annual banquet, and my sister was making conversation with another woman seated at their table. She commented that she'd met the woman's husband earlier and asked, 'And are you as much of a fan on the Titanic as he is?' as he had made quite an impression with his unbounded enthusiasm for things Titanic.

The wife fixed a baleful look upon my sister and replied, 'Actually, I'm a fan of the iceberg.'  ::)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »
Paul Blart, Mall Cop.  So boring!!

goldilocks

« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
Anything on SyFy - but they are actually so bad, they are entertaining.

snowfire

« Reply #357 on: April 16, 2013, 05:48:19 PM »

This year's monster was an overgrown red rose bush with a bad temper.....I was instantly gone....I had to duck into my winter coat, I was laughing so hard.

Clearly, you haven't met my attack rose:

LOL!!! I've got one of those too.  Have to prune it with welding gloves on.  If I didn't have an HOA, I'd do the skeleton in a heartbeat.  Maybe I can get away with it for Halloween  >:D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #358 on: April 16, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
Anything with Tom Cruise.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #359 on: April 16, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »
Anything on SyFy - but they are actually so bad, they are entertaining.

Agreed. I think of them as comedies instead of dramas. ICE SPIDERS!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams