Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 41635 times)

stargazer

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #420 on: November 08, 2013, 06:05:09 PM »
Last weekend I saw, against my will, The Human Centipede.  My DH asked I wanted to see the sequel too (like I wanted to see the first?) and I rolled my eyes at him and told him to just READ the wiki of the sequel and tell me if he really wanted to see that.  He quickly agreed after skimming it that maybe he could skip it.   I can't believe there's going to be a third.

I have no problem with horror type movies, but that one sound too icky even for me.

The truth is, even though I closed my eyes for much of it, from what I saw it's not super gory.  The sequel, on the other hand, is rumored to show all the blood and everything that the first does not show.  No, thank you.

Editeer

« Reply #421 on: November 08, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
DH and I will state that Godfather III was the absolute worst movie we ever.

I've walked out of (or fallen asleep during) plenty of bad movies that I've since forgotten. Godfather III was definitely among the worst I ever watched to the end. I kept thinking, "It's GOT to get better eventually!"

Hillia

« Reply #422 on: November 08, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
DH and I will state that Godfather III was the absolute worst movie we ever.

I've walked out of (or fallen asleep during) plenty of bad movies that I've since forgotten. Godfather III was definitely among the worst I ever watched to the end. I kept thinking, "It's GOT to get better eventually!"

Truly awful movie. Al Pacino at the beginning of his 'doing Al Pacino impressions instead of acting' phase.  However, it did give me one of my favorite lines: 'Every time I get out, they pull me back in'.  You have to do the hand gestures for full effect.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #423 on: November 08, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »
Quentin Tarantino is definitely not for everyone - you either love it or hate it.

I just thought of another worst: Austin Powers. I only saw the first one, and it was two hours of my life I will never get back. Actually, since it was on TV, probably longer with commercial breaks.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #424 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
Austin Powers: Goldmember.  Just when you think they can't get more disgusting...
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cutejellybeen

« Reply #425 on: November 09, 2013, 08:30:09 AM »

The Big Lebowski. I tried to watch a few minutes and had to leave, it just did not appeal to me at all. Also, one of my exes seemed to think that this was the only movie in the world worth watching, and how stupid did I have to be that I'd never seen it, and we should watch it right now (despite it already being 2 in the morning). No, thanks, I'll pass.

I wonder if we had the same ex lol not only was it the only movie worth watching....it should be watched at LEAST once a week. I hated it to begin with. He also ruined Vanilla Sky that way...which I had previously loved

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #426 on: November 09, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
I loved from Dusk til Dawn, but it does seem like 2 entirely different movies pasted together.  My BFF and I were eating pizza rolls and enjoying George Clooney then BAM GOREGOREGORE...we stopped eating!

I tend to hate most movies everyone raves over..if I am constantly being told I have to see it 9 times out of 10 I am disappointed.  I cannot watch anything with Tom Cruise..never liked him, I think ET is stupid, why the heck does everyone think Sideways and The Royal Tannebaums were so great?  I want those wasted hours back.  The first time I saw Cars was my DD's 11th birthday and I was 4 days away from having my younger DD, so I thought I didn't like it because I was an uncomfortable bloated mess, but got it when it came out on DVD and realized it was just Owen Wilson's voice, which is like nails down a chalkboard.  I will say my favorite bad movie that I love to watch is The 10 Commandments..overacting at it's very best !

Yarnspinner

« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »
There are several....

Koyanasquatsi (which I may have misspelled) was something friends wanted to see at a local college movie night.  I wasn't thrilled by the notion of sitting through an hour plus of images proving the planet is dying to start and the fact that I was in the middle of a very painful perimenopause did not make the movie easier to watch.  I kept getting up and going outside to get fresh air.  I don't think the movie was two hours long, but it seemed to last longer than the the seven hour flight I took between New York and Shannon Ireland. 

Cannot stand slob comedies. 

Almost any film my brother recommends I know is going to be something I hate and I always feel guilty that I cannot seem to laugh hysterically with any sort of realism at these flicks the way he does.  "There's Something About Mary" made me feel paralyzed with horror as I watched my brother and former sister in law gasp for breath because they were laughing so hard.  Ditto "Office Space".  I try to find humor in these things because my brother seems to be embarrassed and hurt that I don't find these things screamingly funny.

Rick O:  Love Bill Pullman, hate, hate, hate this modern take on Rigoletto.  (Especially a recurring song that is SO filthy it hurts to hear it.  The writer and director claimed they used it because in the opera, "La Dame Immobile" was considered a shocking song and they wanted a shocking song worthy of the 21st century.  I think they wanted to see if they could get away with playing a song about various kinds of painful scrabble over and over again for fun.)

Agree with others about "Sideways".  What was the point.

Suspect was sooooo bad and such a waste of time.

And, with the exception of Night at the Museum and Keeping the Faith, a good way of keeping me away from a film is to use these three little words: Starring Ben Stiller.  ("Starring Leonard DiCaprio" also works well.)

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2013, 06:44:34 AM »
And, with the exception of Night at the Museum and Keeping the Faith, a good way of keeping me away from a film is to use these three little words: Starring Ben Stiller.  ("Starring Leonard DiCaprio" also works well.)

Agreed. Love the two NotM movies, but cannot stand Ben Stiller afterwards - likewise Adam Sandler except "The Wedding Singer" and Leonardo except "Inception".

I used to feel the same about Jim Carrey, but he's gotten better after he got out of his "Dumb and Dumber" stage.

"27 Dresses" and "How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days". Possibly the two worst chickflicks I've ever seen.
"Before Midnight" totally ruined "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" for me.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »

Agreed. Love the two NotM movies, but cannot stand Ben Stiller afterwards - likewise Adam Sandler except "The Wedding Singer" and Leonardo except "Inception".

I used to feel the same about Jim Carrey, but he's gotten better after he got out of his "Dumb and Dumber" stage.

"27 Dresses" and "How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days". Possibly the two worst chickflicks I've ever seen.
"Before Midnight" totally ruined "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" for me.

I'm the same way about Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise (except for A Few Good Men).  I'm not too crazy about Owen Wilson but he doesn't bother me too much in "Cars", I think because for me it's seeing his face in tandem with that voice.  His expressions always remind me of an oily car salesman, so if I don't have to see the voice, I'm good. 

"The Gods Must Be Crazy I and II"- Okay there are some chuckle worthy bits but I never have quite gotten what's so howlingly funny about those movies. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Last_Dance

« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »
May I add a movie even though there's no way I'm going to see it because the trailer was enough?

I can't remember the title - it's a French romantic comedy (ah!)

What I got from the trailer: Hot Girl is engaged and about to marry Hot Successful Guy. Because of family history and various empirical evidence, she thinks first marriages never last and only second marriages are successful.
A friend suggests (perhaps jokingly? It wasn't clear) she find a "loser guy", marry him and divorce him before her wedding to Hot Successful Guy.

Hot Girl meets Loser Guy on a plane and decides to actually do it. Then she doesn't even have the guts to dump him and starts acting terrible toward him so he will dump her. (Am I supposed to find it funny?)

But wait, it turns out that Loser Guy is actually a good man! But then he finds out she only married him so she could divorce him and, oh no, he's heartbroken! But she likes him now! But she's still engaged to the other guy  - who will she choose?

The trailer mercifully stops here.

My guess is: Hot Girl  Heartless Witch dumps Hot Succesful Guy (probably at the altar for maximum drama) and reunites with Loser Guy to live happily ever after.
Happy ending for everybody!  (yeah, right!  >:()

The only way this movie would end happily for me would be if both Hot Successful Guy and Loser Guy gave Heartless Witch an epic "Reasons You're Horrible" Speech and dumped her, but I'm not holding my breath over it.
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.

metallicafan

« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
So bad it's good:  Sharknado.  I did find myself hoping throughout that Tara Reid would get eaten by a shark.  Literally the worst actress I've ever seen.  At least Ian Ziering was trying to earn his paycheck.

Movie that I had to turn off after 5 minutes:  Rock of Ages.  I could watch Grease all day long.  But this, was sooo bad I couldn't take it. 

BarensMom

« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
I agree:  Rock of Ages was incredibly bad.  It didn't help that SIL was singing along with the track - I'm surprised we didn't get booted from the theater.

Has anyone mentioned "Grindhouse?"  It is truly bad.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »
Rock of Ages is one where I thought I could get past Tom Cruise's presence only to discover it just wasn't going to happen.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
So bad it's good:  Sharknado.  I did find myself hoping throughout that Tara Reid would get eaten by a shark.  Literally the worst actress I've ever seen.  At least Ian Ziering was trying to earn his paycheck.

Movie that I had to turn off after 5 minutes:  Rock of Ages.  I could watch Grease all day long.  But this, was sooo bad I couldn't take it.

Now that Netflix has Sharknado, I can finally watch it. Yeah, I aim high!  :)