Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 31901 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #435 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
Another nominee: The Beach. A horrible movie. So bad I didn't care when characters were being killed off!

raininshadows

« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »
Ratatoing. It's like Ratatouille, or at least marketed as such, but it's the horrible ripoff version. The first 5-10 minutes are all about how awesome the chef's food is; I disagree, on the grounds that any sausage that moves of its own volition is not to be eaten (probably an animation error, but it still moves). There is also a sequence repeated three times with absolutely no changes and the most illogical dance scene ever committed to film. Finally, the film ends with the antagonists (a group of rats) being sent to a laboratory. The main characters seem to be not at all concerned about this.

For "I only saw the trailer": Anchorman 2. Racism, sexism, and reckless endangerment just aren't funny to me. Why the trailer ran before Ender's Game, I have no idea. (Ender's Game was good, though!)

andi

« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2013, 06:49:50 PM »
Another nominee: The Beach. A horrible movie. So bad I didn't care when characters were being killed off!

Oh gracious YES!  For me it's a toss up between that and "Grease2" for the grand prize

daen

« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »

Oh gracious YES!  For me it's a toss up between that and "Grease2" for the grand prize

Oh, Grease 2! I watched that with a couple of friends in college, and a few minutes in, we started mocking it mercilessly. All but one of us - the one who suggested it, and who, it turns out, loves it.  Poor girl. We tried to rein ourselves in after that, but we didn't quite manage.

I tried watching it again a few years ago, on the assumption that it was so-bad-its-good. It wasn't. I managed five minutes.

Wittyone

« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »
DH and I just watched Grease 2 last night ;D. We flipped between that and the Miss Universe pageant and had a great time mocking both. 
California

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #440 on: November 10, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
Equestria Girls.  Proof that Hasbro really is all in it for the marketing of toys and cares very little about putting out any kind of decent entertainment.  Even my Brony DH dislikes it and invited me to watch it knowing I would not hold back on the snark, and contributed some of his own.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

nuit93

« Reply #441 on: November 10, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »

Oh, Grease 2! I watched that with a couple of friends in college, and a few minutes in, we started mocking it mercilessly. All but one of us - the one who suggested it, and who, it turns out, loves it.  Poor girl. We tried to rein ourselves in after that, but we didn't quite manage.

I tried watching it again a few years ago, on the assumption that it was so-bad-its-good. It wasn't. I managed five minutes.

Oh, the earworms from Grease 2...I started off an unintentional firestorm on FB once by casually responding to a question with "yes, do it for your country!".

Yarnspinner

« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »
Another one:  Withnail and I.  Reviews suggested it was a laugh a minute comedy fest so funny your sides would ache. 

Aside from starring the future Eighth Doctor and Richard Grant (who made a fairly good, if rather snotty, Scarlett Pimpernel in a badly written series) there was nothing to recommend it.  No,wait....there is a scene where "I"  (that would be the Eighth Doctor) and "Withnail" for some reason are stuck in a field where there is a bull charging at them.  That was the scene that made me laugh, just like the scene in "Sideways" where Paul Giamatti drives his car into a tree using a rock on the gas pedal makes me laugh.  Sadly, neither of those scenes are enough to recommend either movie.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #443 on: November 11, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »
Ted. Making jokes about ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease was in bad taste and after that it just spoiled the whole thing.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #444 on: November 11, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »
Ted. Making jokes about ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease was in bad taste and after that it just spoiled the whole thing.

Wow, really? Dh watched that one once and when I asked how it was he said "You're not missing anything." Indeed!

Listening to a Thomas DVD, I'm reminded of one I found on Netflix that supposedly involved pirates.  They even somehow got the rights to use the POTC theme in the opening, as Thomas and crew chug down tracks which I thought was kinda neat but that's where the neatness ended. :P The rest was awful.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

cwm

« Reply #445 on: November 11, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »
So bad it's good:  Sharknado.  I did find myself hoping throughout that Tara Reid would get eaten by a shark.  Literally the worst actress I've ever seen.  At least Ian Ziering was trying to earn his paycheck.

Movie that I had to turn off after 5 minutes:  Rock of Ages.  I could watch Grease all day long.  But this, was sooo bad I couldn't take it.

Now that Netflix has Sharknado, I can finally watch it. Yeah, I aim high!  :)

It's the best of the worst! I went into it expecting it to be terrible and campy, and wasn't disappointed. That's why I love it, I got exactly what I expected out of it, nothing more, nothing less.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #446 on: November 11, 2013, 12:28:26 PM »
So bad it's good:  Sharknado.  I did find myself hoping throughout that Tara Reid would get eaten by a shark.  Literally the worst actress I've ever seen.  At least Ian Ziering was trying to earn his paycheck.

Movie that I had to turn off after 5 minutes:  Rock of Ages.  I could watch Grease all day long.  But this, was sooo bad I couldn't take it.

Now that Netflix has Sharknado, I can finally watch it. Yeah, I aim high!  :)

It's the best of the worst! I went into it expecting it to be terrible and campy, and wasn't disappointed. That's why I love it, I got exactly what I expected out of it, nothing more, nothing less.

What's not to love?  Anything that features a man cutting himself out of a shark with a chainsaw is just awesome in my book.  The only thing this flick lacked was Bruce Campbell and a few zombie sharks for variety.  Has anyone seen "Ghost Shark"?  It appears to have potential but doesn't seem to be as campy as Sharknado.

And as long as we are mocking SyFy...did anyone see "Scarecrow" over the Halloween season?  According to reviews on IMDB, most people watched because "Lacey Chabert is smokin' hawt"  (actual quote).  I always thought there was nothing more senseless than Sharktopus (what is the fixation with sharks?)  But this movie seemed to have been randomly scripted by several writers drinking at one's house where they each took turns writing a scene and leaving only the last line of their scene for the next writer to read and continue from.  No actual exposition, no background, plenty of clichés, no explanations and a denoument straight out of a fourth grader's notebook.  I have no interest in the "smokin' hawt" Lacey Chabert (although one of her bad boy potential love interests was pretty darn cute) but this movie was fun to watch and imagine how the writers probably thought they were setting tropes on their ear when all they really did was reinforce them.

As someone said at the end "So, exactly how is she going to explain all the dead bodies and, oh yeah, how did the vast farm end up right next to a shipyard on a river near a sawmill?"

Yarnspinner

« Reply #447 on: November 11, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »
Darn...SyFy is just too good to pass up.  Did anyone see Heebie Jeebies?  Several Chinese workers are accidentally (or maybe deliberately) entombed in a gold mine when it blows up.  Over the years they have (inexplicably, BTW--these flicks NEVER explain how the monsters come to be or why) a terrible beast, formed from the mummified bodies of these men, has been freed from the mines and is (first explanation) killing anyone who has gold. 

Richie Cunningham's Mother dies for her gold fillings (at least her dog lived to tell the tale) and you can write the rest of it.  A Belushi nephew (don't know if he's John's son or Jim's) has the lead as the town Sheriff whose Chinese girlfriend lives with her grandmother who, for plot purposes, pretends not to speak or comprehend English...and then there are the hunters who are supposed to round up the monster.  This movie is bigoted in its attitude toward minorities, small fat white men and elderly women who live alone with their dogs and would make an excellent drinking game: 

Take a sip with each new body encountered.  Take a swallow if  the person finding the corpse turns away and gasps something like "He's been torn to shreds, there's hardly anything left!"  Take a full gulp when the camera shifts to a completely intact actor (in some cases still breathing) with a few scratches on his or her face.  Guzzle everytime the heroine and her grandmother yell at each other in Chinese.  Upend the glass and pour it all down your throat when Gramma-san explains to the hero that, by pretending she doesn't understand or speak English, she has learned a lot about her granddaughter's life.  (Yes, her geologist granddaughter is SO STUPID she doesn't realize her grandmother with whom she has lived for years, speaks English.)

It's a serious blast.  Still nowhere near as good as Sharknado, but with potential for amusement.

KimberlyM

« Reply #448 on: November 11, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »
Apparently I am a glutton for punishment...after reading this, I decided to go read the wiki pages on human centipede one and two.  Wasn't something I'd even heard of and I love a good horror movie, but that's not even horror...that's just disgusting.  I had a similar reaction to Hostel, which while horrifyingly disgusting, at least had some sort of plot beyond being just gross.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #449 on: November 11, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
I had fogotten about Grease 2.  Worst song from this atrocity?  "Reproduction".   'Nuff said.