Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 44796 times)

123sandy

Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »
I hated Titanic, The English Patient, Ted, It's a Wonderful Life (sorry), all of those Mike Meyers English spy films...Austin Powers? And the worst one I've seen (well, not really I don't think I made it past the first half hour) was...I think it was Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansen in Japan? The name escapes me, but it was dreadful!

^^Lost in Translation

Thank you!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #481 on: November 13, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
I suppose technically I can't even say "Saving Private Ryan" because I kept falling asleep.  It came out to DVD around the time my DH was in boot camp (Marines) and my friends at the time kept insisting I watch it and saying I was being disloyal to my DH by falling asleep during a movie about WWII.  I couldn't even make it past the part where they storm the beach. I was just that bored by it. 

I felt justified though when DH came home and they decided to tell on me.  We all watched it again and I fell asleep, again, and he said he wasn't offended.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #482 on: November 13, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
Last weekend I saw, against my will, The Human Centipede.  My DH asked I wanted to see the sequel too (like I wanted to see the first?) and I rolled my eyes at him and told him to just READ the wiki of the sequel and tell me if he really wanted to see that.  He quickly agreed after skimming it that maybe he could skip it.   I can't believe there's going to be a third.

I have no problem with horror type movies, but that one sound too icky even for me.

The truth is, even though I closed my eyes for much of it, from what I saw it's not super gory.  The sequel, on the other hand, is rumored to show all the blood and everything that the first does not show.  No, thank you.

I attempted to watch the trailer and was so grossed out by simply the concept there is NO way i could watch the movie. gory or not.

LB

« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
Freddy Got Fingered: Tom Green swings a baby around by its umbilical cord while screaming "Wakey! Wakey! Wakey!" Need I say more?

You could have stopped at "Tom Green" and I'd have understood.  ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
I tend to hate most movies everyone raves over..if I am constantly being told I have to see it 9 times out of 10 I am disappointed.  I cannot watch anything with Tom Cruise..never liked him, 

Are you my long-lost sister? Beacuse I am the same way. I seem to like movies that no one cares about, has ever heard of, or have no interest in.  and it seems the more "hype" there is surrounding a movie (Titantic and Batman, I'm looking at you), the less interest I have in it.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2013, 12:56:48 PM »
There are several....

Cannot stand slob comedies. 

Almost any film my brother recommends I know is going to be something I hate and I always feel guilty that I cannot seem to laugh hysterically with any sort of realism at these flicks the way he does.  "There's Something About Mary" made me feel paralyzed with horror as I watched my brother and former sister in law gasp for breath because they were laughing so hard.  Ditto "Office Space".  I try to find humor in these things because my brother seems to be embarrassed and hurt that I don't find these things screamingly funny.

And, with the exception of Night at the Museum and Keeping the Faith, a good way of keeping me away from a film is to use these three little words: Starring Ben Stiller.  ("Starring Leonard DiCaprio" also works well.)

HA - another long list sister!  I feel the very same way. I call them, since this is the first one I  saw and realized I hated this type of movei "Police academy movies" I don't find them funny at all. 

I will say I also love Keeping the Faith. Haven't seen night at the museum, but anything else wiht him I haven't cared for. And Leo too. not a big fan at all. I don't know why, there's just something about him.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
If I already mentioned this in this thread a while back, please forgive me.

I loathed "Anchorman." And now the Ron Burgundy character is doing car commercials and they are so painful I lunge for the remote. And it's not that I don't find Will Ferrell funny. I do, in certain roles (Elf, Talladega Nights) and in certain amounts (when he's not the lead). But goodness, Anchorman was two hours I'll never get back.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

GregariousIntrovert

« Reply #487 on: November 13, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »
Tinker. Tailor. Soldier. Spy.     I know it's probably more realistic that government intelligence/espionage types work in offices, but it makes for a really boring spy movie.  A few people left the theater halfway into the movie, and I really wanted to go with them!  But I stuck it out for Colin Firth.

Pen^2

« Reply #488 on: November 13, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »

I loathed "Anchorman." And now the Ron Burgundy character is doing car commercials and they are so painful I lunge for the remote. And it's not that I don't find Will Ferrell funny. I do, in certain roles (Elf, Talladega Nights) and in certain amounts (when he's not the lead). But goodness, Anchorman was two hours I'll never get back.

I know how you feel. I just didn't find this movie particularly funny. It was more annoying, in the same way as when an immature 14 year old thinks he's being hilarious and keeps piling it on more thickly, but you just cringe and want him to shut up.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #489 on: November 13, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »
Titanic, Sleepless in Seattle, Dirty Dancing. I will never suffer through any of them again. Once was enough.

I know this is O/T but Celine Dion's music became anathema to me after Titanic.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #490 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »
I can't believe no one has mentioned Ferngully in Space.....Avatar? I fell asleep during the movie twice. The 3-D flight scenes made me motion sick. I honestly don't understand all the hype about it.

I loooved it. Wanted to go live there.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

HGolightly

« Reply #491 on: November 13, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
Ferngully inSpace was exactly what I thought of Avatar!! Great call. Pay DH and I frequently go to the movies togethe, buy our snacks together then say see you after your movie is done! We do not always agree on movies unless we know they are bad. On the upside, if he picks a movie that turns out to be bad, we enjoy mocking it. We were both underwhelmed by King Arthur (though I love Clive Owen). Every time someone said "Arthur" (very frequently) DH would lean over and add "king of the Britons". Luckily those around us started giggling too. It was hilarious.

Library Dragon

« Reply #492 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
Pearl Harbor is on DS1's all time worst list.  As he said, "Who knew Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to break up a romance?" 

Titanic is also on my list and of course THE SONG that went on and on,  and was everywhere.  I know Billy Zane's Cal was supposed to be the bad guy, but he got credit just for putting up with Rose's mother.  Okay, it was also, 'You threw over Billy Zane for someone who looks like he's 14?' 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hillia

« Reply #493 on: November 13, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »
I've never seen Pearl Harbor, but every time it comes up I think of the love song from Team America:

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark, When he made Pearl Harbor.
I miss you more than that movie missed the point, And that's an awful lot, girl.
And now, now you've gone away, And all I'm trying to say, is: Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you.
I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school, He was terrible in that film.
I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part, He's way better than Ben Affleck.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #494 on: November 13, 2013, 04:14:05 PM »

I was forced to watch the unrated version of that movie on a church youth group bus ride. Unfortunately, the boys owning the DVD lied to my mom about it being unrated and said it was the PG-13 one.  >:(

Vita brevis, ars longa