Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 37162 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »

Don't troll me, flame me, flog me etc but I HATED Titanic. Great effects, great set & costume design but horrible, horrible writing and acting!

I won't flame you and I'll jump right in there with you.  Overwrought emoting, horrible writing, and when you don't even like the main characters you're supposed to like, you know you're in a bad movie.

I agree.  'Titanic' was way over the top in every way.  Ship freaks like us still enjoy it the way others enjoy the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. 

robobecky

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
First Daughter with Katie Holmes and Forest Whitaker.  Saw it with a friend and I don't know why we watched the whole thing.  It was horrible.  Bad plot, bad acting, bad writing, everything.  you could see the boom mike in some shots!  And the soundtrack was off in places too.  Plus the ending made no sense.  There is no way the president's daughter is going to be allowed to drive to college alone with no guards or anything.  Hello, that is a kidnapping waiting to happen.
I second Eyes Wide Shut.  Horrible.  I also just don't like Tom Cruise.  I have serious problems with him after his statements about psychiatry. >:(
Mulhullond Drive.  Watched it twice, still can't figure out what the plot was.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

Don't troll me, flame me, flog me etc but I HATED Titanic. Great effects, great set & costume design but horrible, horrible writing and acting!

I won't flame you and I'll jump right in there with you.  Overwrought emoting, horrible writing, and when you don't even like the main characters you're supposed to like, you know you're in a bad movie.

I agree.  'Titanic' was way over the top in every way.  Ship freaks like us still enjoy it the way others enjoy the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. 

Try Titanic II. (Not kidding, real movie. Real, bad movie).
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
Apt Pupil.  I love Ian McKellen, but that movie was just horrible.

I never saw this, but was it based on a Stephen King novella?  About a boy who discovers his neighbor is a former Nazi concentration camp guard or physician?  If so, that story was so disturbing to me, I can't imagine the movie.

That's the one.  I never read the novella, but the movie was inconsistent.  It can't decide whether it wants to be a message movie, a thriller, or something else. 

Geekychick1984

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »
Australia with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman.  Even the hotness of Hugh Jackman couldn't save that one for me.  My DH won't let me forget that I made him see that movie.

Battleship We rented it On Demand recently.  We expected it to be bad but maybe enjoyable for the action sequences, but it was much worse than we expected. 

Garden State I thought I'd like it being from the Garden State and having experienced depression in the past, but it was boring.

eltf177

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »

That movie was so full of holes it resembled swiss cheese! Leonard Di's character survived for a long time in that water. Wrong. Hitting that water would have been like hitting cement. And if you survived that, hypothermia would've killed you very quickly.

Not to mention that the water temperature was actually _below_ freezing. Just wading around it inside the ship would kill you by hyopthermia pretty quickly.

GraceSullivan

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
Another one that the critics loved that I hated: Bridges of Madison County.  Snore.

Add me to the list of Titanic and There's Something about Mary loathers.

A bad movie that I secretly (not so secretly now...) love: The Mummy Returns.  Its my 'having-a-bad-day' 'need-to-not-think' movie.

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2013, 01:43:13 PM »
jaxsue wrote:

"That movie was so full of holes it resembled swiss cheese!"

To pass the opportunity for such a perfect joke is most sorrowful.

"Leonard Di's character survived for a long time in that water. Wrong. Hitting that water would have been like hitting cement. And if you survived that, hypothermia would've killed you very quickly."

They didn't jump, they stood on the back rail as the stern section sank out from under them.  Once in the water, I estimate that Jack was gone within twenty minutes.  I agree that the water temperature should have played a bigger role, but in the end it wasn't a gargantuan stretch to what they did and so I could look past it.

StuffedGrapeLeaves wrote:

"That's the one.  I never read the novella, but the movie was inconsistent.  It can't decide whether it wants to be a message movie, a thriller, or something else."

It wanted to be both.  I liked Sir Ian in the film, but he was obviously carrying the whole thing and in the end, it was spread out too much for even him to save entirely.  If you want to see how strong an actor he is, it's worth the effort, but if not I have to agree that he's really the only good part about it.

Virg

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
 Saving Private Ryan was OK, not great but OK, until the very end with the crying and emoting in the graveyard. I....cackled...it was just so hilariously overwrought.

nuit93

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:37 PM »
Eyes Wide Shut---horrible and I cannot to this day see what the big deal was about it.

Da Vinci Code---no. Just...no.

CharlieBraun

« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:40 PM »
Eyes Wide Shut---horrible and I cannot to this day see what the big deal was about it.

Da Vinci Code---no. Just...no.

Eyes Wide Shut actually made scrabble boring. 

A Time of Destiny...terrific cast, complete ruin of a film.
"We ate the pies."

turtleIScream

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

Battleship We rented it On Demand recently.  We expected it to be bad but maybe enjoyable for the action sequences, but it was much worse than we expected. 

We saw this with our best friends. He was in the Navy, so I expected he would hate it worse than we did (if that's even possible!) but no. He loved it. Fortunately, we love him for reasons other than his taste in movies.

Garden State I thought I'd like it being from the Garden State and having experienced depression in the past, but it was boring.

I was trying to remember which NetFlix movie we recently started to watch and turned off after 20 minutes. This is the one. It was so bad, I apparently blocked it from my mind.

KarenK

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 02:01:39 PM »
I didn't like a lot of the movies already mentioned in this thread, but the worst movie I ever saw was Tunnel Rats, directed by Uwe Boll. Awful movie. I will never watch another movie directed by this hack.

staceym

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
I guess I can add 

Pulp Fiction

I know that is sacrilege to say because it is such a cult classic; but I don't think I handled more than 10 minutes of the movie - glad that I only rented it and didn't waste money at the theater..

the other was Muriel's Wedding - only rented it because someone went on and on about how good it was  :o sorry, no

lilfox

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
Interesting.  I really liked several of the movies mentioned earlier (and not the so-bad-they're-good ones) but agree on most of the others.

My own offering:
Fargo.  I hate it when movies include meaningless but personalized violence (see also Something about Mary and others of that sort).  It takes me right out of the movie.

However, meaningless impersonalized violence is okay by me (see any James Bond/action movie ever).