Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 41122 times)

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »
the other was Muriel's Wedding - only rented it because someone went on and on about how good it was  :o sorry, no

I didn't like it either.  It was marketed as a fun chick flick rom-com so I was disappointed by how depressing it was.  Then years later I said OK, now that I know what it's about, I can watch it again in the right frame of mind.  Still didn't like it.

cutejellybeen

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »
Eyes Wide Shut.

I got treated to that movie and I still think I paid too much.

This is the only movie I ever seriously considered walking out of. i was 17, I have no idea how I got into the movie, or why, when I told my parents what I was going to see they didnt try to stop me. I guess they thought I could make decisions myself?  I wouldnt have listened to them, but they would have loved the I told you so part lol

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:01 PM »
Up go a point, I agree with 'Pulp Fiction'. The story was completely scatter-shot.  However,we enjoyed the film because of the 'Doom' sequence.

We were both 'Doom' players and had fun with the jokes.  We liked  the hand reaching toward the green door, the chain saw and Bruce Willis looking like the Marine at 50 percent health in the end of the sequence.  That was a hoot. 

staceym

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »
the other was Muriel's Wedding - only rented it because someone went on and on about how good it was  :o sorry, no

I didn't like it either.  It was marketed as a fun chick flick rom-com so I was disappointed by how depressing it was.  Then years later I said OK, now that I know what it's about, I can watch it again in the right frame of mind.  Still didn't like it.

yes, that's the reason I watched it and was "huh???" - the person who went on and on about it; also mentioned how funny it was - didn't seen the humor at all; and yes depressing

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »
I POD everyone who mentioned Mystery Science Theater 3000.  To my fellow fans: if you haven't already, check out Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic.  You won't be sorry!

As for non-riffed bad movies, the first ones that come to mind are Valentine (starring David Boreanaz and Denise Richards) and The Skulls (Joshua Jackson).  I don't remember many details, but I recall Valentine was a very formulaic horror movie with a plot "twist" you could see coming from miles away and The Skulls was just...dull.  Both were like the visual equivalent of white noise.  :)

Oh, and just because I know a handful of people here will get it: Blast Hardcheese!
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »
The Matrix - worst movie ever

The Campaign - worst movie lately (another two hours of my life gone forever...)

Other serious dislikes: Eyes Wide Shut, Titanic, Dumb & Dumber

*edited because I misspelled Dumb
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:42:37 PM by Redneck Gravy »

bo

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2013, 03:50:07 PM »
Apt Pupil.  I love Ian McKellen, but that movie was just horrible.

I loved the story and Ian Mckellen..great combo for a great movie right? Man that ending bugged me to no end!!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 04:03:49 PM »
Supernova isn't merely bad. It's so bad that I tend to enumerate all the ways in which it sucks rocks. Starting with the whole movie being about a dingbat so-called scientist who can't add.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are actually 2 of my favorites, but then again, I do so love Tarantino.

Ultraviolet I actually rather liked, but then again, I never expected more than fun action and nifty visuals. I want that color-changing hair, though!

Austin Powers, however, is one of my I'll never get that time back movies. I was spending Thanksgiving with some friends and they decided to watch it. Ugh!

Now for a few DF and I have watched lately: (We've been having fun with B movies)

So bad you'll laugh: Zombie Lake. This one isn't a B movie, it's a Z movie. Zombie Nazis in a lake in France. Plot so thin science can't measure it, the actors appear to be amateurs who phoned it in, and I think the makeup "artist" was blind. Even the gratuitous nudity was laughable.

If you love cheesy movies, this is a must-see: Iron Sky. I am not joking here - it's about Nazis establishing a colony on the dark side of the Moon in 1945, don't know they lost the war, and are coming back to invade Earth in 2018 after a couple of astronauts on the moon as part of the president's re-election campaign. The POTUS in this movie is a hilarious Sarah Palin parody who puts her campaign manager (who'd been loved and ditched by the Nazi commander) in command of the space fleet fighting off the Nazis.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

BatCity

• Duct Tape and Chicken Wire
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
Oooh, where shall I start?

I couldn't get into Raising Arizona. That's the movie that taught me not to go in with high expectations, regardless of the reviews.

I recently watched Beautiful Creatures because I'm a nice mom and my daughter wanted to see it.  I really wanted those two hours back.

But the real kicker is a made-for-TV movie that DH and I started over the weekend. Are you ready for this? Chupacabra vs. the Alamo. We thought it would be fun because we miss living in Texas, and I'm an Erik Estrada fan from the CHiPs days. We made it about twenty minutes in before we finally got tired of laughing and changed the channel.

magicdomino

« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2013, 04:42:50 PM »
But the real kicker is a made-for-TV movie that DH and I started over the weekend. Are you ready for this? Chupacabra vs. the Alamo. We thought it would be fun because we miss living in Texas, and I'm an Erik Estrada fan from the CHiPs days. We made it about twenty minutes in before we finally got tired of laughing and changed the channel.

Sounds like a SyFy channel movie.  Speaking of which, I should nominate the many bad Giant-Man-Eating-Animal movies, but I rather like them.   :D  How about the many SyFy channel movies that don't feature man-eating animals.  I mean, if there isn't a giant snakehead, what's the point?

Chaney

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
I agree with Titanic, I always say the hero in that movie was the iceberg.

I'll add the remake of Halloween, Rob Zombie needs to keep to music.  That is one of the few movies I say I want those two hours of my life back. 

Oh and the remake of The Fog, the original may not have been the best but it at least had an ending.

robobecky

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »
Thought of another one--Meet the Feebles.  So disturbing.  Its like Muppets on crack.  I actually own this movie  :-[ and my friend's reaction after watching it was "I feel dirty now.  I think I need a shower".

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
Octopussy. I dislike Roger Moore as Bond to start out with (not his fault, I just prefer Connery and Craig), and the jokes are too tired for me, plus death by octopus, plus Bond dressing as a clown. I would rather watch George Lazenby's Bond movie over and over again rather than watch Octopussy ever again. I would rather make a movie of myself scrubbing my feet than ever watch that stupid, stupid, horrible movie again.

The Son of No One. Basically, a person threatens a man who's become a cop for murders he committed as a child. The people he murdered were scumbags and no one missed them, so a cop gave him a break and never brought him in. Apparently, that's unconscionable, so she has to threaten to blow the case wide open more than a decade after it all happened.

And, because of her antics, she gets a journalist and her own brother (who is the cop's best friend from childhood) killed. Tell me, please, how on earth did that help anyone? Instead of basically blackmailing people she believes to be immoral, why didn't she, I don't know, go to the newspaper and just have them print a story about it? But no, now even more people are dead because she was a complete idiot.

The Prince and the Showgirl. Good grief, what an atrocity. I really did try to watch it, but 10 - 15 minutes was all I could take. I'm not sure who was worst in that movie, and, frankly I don't care. By the time I decided it wasn't for me, I was about to hit the TV because everyone was all wrong for their roles.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Petticoats

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2013, 05:29:43 PM »
I've certainly seen some duds, but two stand out as movies that I remember resenting as I watched because it was time I'd never get back--both foisted upon me by the same friend, in fact: Vampire's Kiss (Nicolas Cage, ugh) and Gettysburg.

And I loathed Titanic. I couldn't stand the leads, and Kate Winslet looked about 15 years older than Leonardo (I know she wasn't, but she looked it, especially with all the anachronistic makeup plastered onto her face). And he looked like such a kid that I felt like she was Mrs. Robinsoning him. I was out of the theater so fast when it was over that I didn't hear the Celine Dion song over the credits, and couldn't figure out the connection for some time. The one good thing: Billy Zane looked positively edible.

Last_Dance

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »
Love me if you dare, a 2003 French movie. My friends and I went in expecting a light-hearted romantic comedy, we all loathed it. Absolutely loathed it.
[spoilers below]

the protagonists were selfish jerks who kept hurting each other but couldn't stand to stay apart. So they commit suicide by getting themself buried in a concrete pillar.
Have I mentioned that they were both married and he also had kids?!?! Of course, we're not supposed to care about his wife or her husband because they are not their One True Love.

I know it's been ten years, I know. I still want those two hours of my life back!
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.