Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 32174 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »

Worst film I got stuck watching (because I was sleeping in the living room and thus couldn't go to bed until it was finished): City of Angels (it stars Nicholas Cage; nuff said)

:o :o :o

Wow. That's one of my top 10 best movies ever!

(going back to read the whole thread now, I'll keep the rest of my comments until I'm done reading. :P)

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
Worst On Purpose: Epic Movie (after five minutes we killed it) and This Island Earth, the MTS3K version.  Also, Your Royal Highness, which we did get a kick out of. ;)

Worst By Accident: Inglorious Basterds, recommended by a friend that, incidentally, I'm no longer friends with.  I kept waiting for something funny... or good... but I just couldn't get into it.  The movie came and passed and that was that.

Either that, or Stephen King's The Rose, which I was forced to watch at a sleepover.  On my birthday.  But not held for my birthday, I was an afterthought invitation to someone else's goodbye party.  Maybe the circumstances have colored the movie for me, but I was never found of horror anyways.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »
'K, I'm back! (I didn't want to post over someone else's comments.)

Apt Pupil.  I love Ian McKellen, but that movie was just horrible.

Didn't see the movie (didn't even know they made one) but Oh.My.Goodness, what a disturbing book.

The Best Worst movie -- It's so funny that you can't stop laughing, even though it was suppose to be a serious drama -- Drum roll, please:

"Plan 9 from Outer Space"

If you're into really bad sci-fi, watch this movie and see how the styrofoam gravestones were held up by wooden props. Watch Bela Lugosi's scene repeated over and over for dramatic effect (apparently he died during the making of this movie?) Look for the ladder inside the space ship that leads to nowhere . . . Sooo many "wrongs" it makes it right. 8)

Worst and probably only movie that I refused to finish watching? "From Dusk Till Dawn"

I actually tried sitting through it twice.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
Anything with Jim Carrey. Really-I don't get why anyone would like his brand of humor. It's just not funny in any way that I can see.

I completely agree about Eyes Wide Shut. Awful, terrible movie.

As much as I absolutely adore Al Pacino, I cannot stand Scent Of A Woman. I know, that's the one he won an oscar for, but it was just so bad.

Anyone else ever seen the only movie ever filmed entirely in Esperanto (can't remember the title right off)? Had William Shatner in it? No? Good for you. Don't waste your time. Once you get over the novelty of you, you realize it's just not good.

The English Patient. I didn't get through much of it before I turned it off, but I was really hoping he would hurry up & die so the torture would be over.

My husband has Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter at home waiting for us to watch together. I am dreading it...I'd like to say I hope it'll have some redeeming value to it, but...hmmm....I suspect it will belong on this list as well.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lord Love A Duck!

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »
Worst movie ever: Open Water

Runner up: Phonebooth- land version of Open Water

Worst horror flicks for me were The Blair Witch project (profanity every other word is not dialogue!) and The Ring

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
Anything with Jim Carrey. Really-I don't get why anyone would like his brand of humor. It's just not funny in any way that I can see.

He did a few things that's not too "Jim Carrey."  I liked Liar, Liar (it's humor, but not too bad) and The Majestic (not a comedy).  The Truman Show is not goofy either.  There's also the movie where he played Andy Kaufman.

eta: nobody has to like him or his movies, but he doesn't just play goofy and gross.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:09:56 PM by rose red »

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
Knocked Up
Having witnessed, up close and personal, several badly mismatched couples who only progressed beyond dating because of an unplanned pregnancy, I seriously could not find humor in it.

Library Dragon

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »

Don't troll me, flame me, flog me etc but I HATED Titanic. Great effects, great set & costume design but horrible, horrible writing and acting!

I won't flame you and I'll jump right in there with you.  Overwrought emoting, horrible writing, and when you don't even like the main characters you're supposed to like, you know you're in a bad movie.

You know it's really bad when the highlight of the film is Ioan Gruffudd and his part is 30 seconds of the film.  Aggravating people making stupid decisions. 

1. Roman Polansk's "Tess"
2.  Warren Beatty's "Reds"

Long, bloviating, boooooooring, wastes of film. 

DH and I were dating and drove 45 min to a theater in Brussels that showed current films in English.  I think it was another sign that we were meant to be together as we both detested "Tess." (That and NO camping ever.)

I've tried to watch both again thinking I just misjudged them.  They couldn't be that bad.  Yes, yes they are. 

ET put posts together.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:32:03 PM by Library Dragon »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Optimoose Prime

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »
Beowulf, the CG one from a couple years back.  Dang, that was horrid.

Yor: The Hunter From the Future.  There are no words except, Why?!

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:50 PM »

He did a few things that's not too "Jim Carrey."  I liked Liar, Liar (it's humor, but not too bad) and The Majestic (not a comedy).  The Truman Show is not goofy either.  There's also the movie where he played Andy Kaufman.

eta: nobody has to like him or his movies, but he doesn't just play goofy and gross.

The only one I found to be tolerable was the Truman Show, but I still didn't find it to be all that good.

Oh, and how could I forget the Blair Witch Project?

And, I'll probably get flamed for this one...but I just never liked Dr. Zhivago. Dull and unengaging imho!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:34:30 PM by SamiHami »

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Kaypeep

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 08:34:27 PM »
"Metropolitan".  My friends and I saw it in the early 90's.  It was so bad that 20 years later when discussing films, we say "On a scale of 1 to Metropolitan" to express how bad the movie is.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
And, I'll probably get flamed for this one...but I just never liked Dr. Zhivago. Dull and unengaging imho!

I'll agree on this one. My mother loved Dr. Zhivago, so I watched it through one time. I was pretty bored through the whole thing.

I think the reason my mother loved it was because of the scenery . . . where she grew up. Or maybe she had a secret crush on Omar Sharif? But i didn't want to ask. ::)

Emmy

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 08:44:38 PM »
I have several worsts that haven't been mentioned yet:

Two if by Sea - Saundra Bullock and Denis Leary.  I even gave that movie a second chance and still couldn't watch it all the way through
Astronaut's Wife, Time Traveler's Wife, The Box, and The Order are also on my worst list

Library Dragon

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2013, 08:49:17 PM »
Octopussy. I dislike Roger Moore as Bond to start out with (not his fault, I just prefer Connery and Craig), and the jokes are too tired for me, plus death by octopus, plus Bond dressing as a clown. I would rather watch George Lazenby's Bond movie over and over again rather than watch Octopussy ever again. I would rather make a movie of myself scrubbing my feet than ever watch that stupid, stupid, horrible movie again.
~~~~

The Prince and the Showgirl. Good grief, what an atrocity. I really did try to watch it, but 10 - 15 minutes was all I could take. I'm not sure who was worst in that movie, and, frankly I don't care. By the time I decided it wasn't for me, I was about to hit the TV because everyone was all wrong for their roles.

Agree with both of these.  (I especially agree with your Bond preferences.) I like Olivier and Monroe, but this film didn't work.  It wasn't funny and it wasn't romantic.  I have to watch "Now Voyager" to wash out my brain if I have to watch TP&TSG with my grandmother.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

andi

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »
But the real kicker is a made-for-TV movie that DH and I started over the weekend. Are you ready for this? Chupacabra vs. the Alamo. We thought it would be fun because we miss living in Texas, and I'm an Erik Estrada fan from the CHiPs days. We made it about twenty minutes in before we finally got tired of laughing and changed the channel.

Sounds like a SyFy channel movie.  Speaking of which, I should nominate the many bad Giant-Man-Eating-Animal movies, but I rather like them.   :D  How about the many SyFy channel movies that don't feature man-eating animals.  I mean, if there isn't a giant snakehead, what's the point?

Oh yeah - it wa a SY-Fy channel flick. Hubby and I LOVE "bad" sci-fi movies and we watched that one!!  Love us some MST3000 too!!

I watched the first 15 minutes of "saving private Ryan" with my eyes closed and. Head tucked in my lap.  I was not prepared to see that movie when we went to see it (first date - tried for a comedy that sold out)

I loved "gone with the wind" as a kid - saw it in the theater when it was re-released for it's 50th and HATED it

Glad I'm no the only one hating "sideways" - everyone tried to make me feel bad about it but "blech".  Oh - and the remake of "the hills have eyes".