Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 44955 times)

zara1269

Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
I have a few to contribute:

Titanic: Horrible movie. I'm glad others agree

Magic Mike: these guys are supposed to be attractive? Other than that Joe Manginello (I spelled that wrong) the others were mediocre looking beefheads at best. I certainly wouldn't pay $$ to have them "dance" for me. Matthew McConnaughey is soooooo oily and sweaty in that movie I could almost smell the BO through the screen. And the plot...sooo stupid.

The Matrix: Watched it for about 15 minutes and could not proceed further.

Star Wars: My bf when we first were dating insisted I watch it since I had never seen it. I lasted maybe an hour only half paying attention to it b/c it was soooo cheesy and boring that he gave up and ended my misery.

I admit, and I'm in the minority here, but I love Rob Zombie's movies. I am contemplating getting a life sized animatronic Capt. Spaulding for my house.
Where I go I just don't know...I got to take it slow. When I find my peace of mind. I'm gonna give you some of my good time. ~RCHP

blueyzca01

« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »
Magic Mike: these guys are supposed to be attractive? Other than that Joe Manginello (I spelled that wrong) the others were mediocre looking beefheads at best. I certainly wouldn't pay $$ to have them "dance" for me. Matthew McConnaughey is soooooo oily and sweaty in that movie I could almost smell the BO through the screen. And the plot...sooo stupid.

Thank goodness someone else agrees with me.  Before leaving the house to join a friend to see this, I told DH to be n*ked and ready when I got home.  Matt Bomer and Joe Manganiello are two of the finest specimens of manhood I have ever seen, and I was soooooo looking forward to this movie.  I talked about it for weeks.

Matthew McConaughey was oily, the script sucked, Alex Pettyfer couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, and the dancing time was maybe 15 minutes total.  I was sad.

Need less to say, DH took one look at my face when I walked in the door and said, "It's okay honey, I'm really not in the mood right now anyway."   I do love that man.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Whimsyone

« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »
Oh! I remembered another one! "The Crawling Eye". This is one of those awful 50's-60's sci-fi movies that aren't worth the film they are printed on! The Eyes (aliens?) live on a mountaintop and slide down to sneak up on the unsuspecting townfolk. Their attacks are basically waving their tentacles and shrieking. They are heralded by fog creeping over the hills and eerie music. It was SO bad.

When my hubby and I are driving and see fog on the peaks we shout "The Crawling Eye"!
"Half of being smart is knowing what you're stupid at." Anon.

Firecat

« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
This was from 1991 I think.  Do you remember Other People's Money - starring Danny DeVito.
No, of course not, no one does.  I went with my BF at the time and another couple.  I remember the movie starting and being so unamused that I walked out.  BF and other couple wandered out about 10 minutes later.  I couldn't even begin to list what was wrong with it.  I can't remember any of the plot, I just recall feeling so bored and irritated that I walked out.

I remember it. I also remember laughing my head off at the "Easy come, easy go" line. But that was about the only thing I found funny, as I recall.

Firecat

« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2013, 01:51:52 PM »
I don't think I've seen my personal most hated movie on here yet: "Batman and Robin" (the one with George Clooney). Campy is one thing, but this was just stupid. And Uma Thurmin was a dreadful Poison Ivy.

I'm told they originally wanted Patrick Stewart to play Mr. Freeze in that piece of drek, but Stewart refused to work with the director, and so refused to do the movie. Which only goes to support my opinion of Stewart's class, intelligence, and good taste.

Frankly, I think the director needs to be flogged just for a criminal waste of George Clooney. And then have something worse...not sure what yet...done to him for what he did to the character of Batman. I'm told that George Clooney will personally refund the money of anyone who admits having seen the movie to him.

Lynnv

« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »
Nightfall
Take arguably the finest sci-fi short story ever.  Stir in an half-baked romance.   And then make a movie so bad that it might actually warp the fabric of space time.   

When was a movie of Nightfall made?  Who was in it?  I see nothing on imdb.  I have the full length book, which is one of my favorites.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0249840/

and

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095738/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4

The one I was specifically calling out was the 1st (with David Carradine).  No amount of alcohol (or even hard drugs) can make this piece of dreck bearable.  But, for the record, the other one is only better by a miniscule amount.  Putting both of them in the same room would probably not only warp the fabric of space-time, but would actually create a hole into another dimension with the sheer weight of the horribleness. 

On the bright side, we could then toss all of the copies of these two movies AND Starship Troopers into the resultant rift, making them the problem of some other reality.  That might start an interdimensional war, though.  I would consider foisting any of those movies on me to be an act of aggression.   ;D
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Library Dragon

« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
I don't think I've seen my personal most hated movie on here yet: "Batman and Robin" (the one with George Clooney). Campy is one thing, but this was just stupid. And Uma Thurmin was a dreadful Poison Ivy.

I'm told they originally wanted Patrick Stewart to play Mr. Freeze in that piece of drek, but Stewart refused to work with the director, and so refused to do the movie. Which only goes to support my opinion of Stewart's class, intelligence, and good taste.

Frankly, I think the director needs to be flogged just for a criminal waste of George Clooney. And then have something worse...not sure what yet...done to him for what he did to the character of Batman. I'm told that George Clooney will personally refund the money of anyone who admits having seen the movie to him.

I did not know this.  My lurve for Patrick Stewart just increased.  I didn't think that was possible, but it did.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Firecat

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »
Nightfall
Take arguably the finest sci-fi short story ever.  Stir in an half-baked romance.   And then make a movie so bad that it might actually warp the fabric of space time.   

When was a movie of Nightfall made?  Who was in it?  I see nothing on imdb.  I have the full length book, which is one of my favorites.

and

The one I was specifically calling out was the 1st (with David Carradine).  No amount of alcohol (or even hard drugs) can make this piece of dreck bearable.  But, for the record, the other one is only better by a miniscule amount.  Putting both of them in the same room would probably not only warp the fabric of space-time, but would actually create a hole into another dimension with the sheer weight of the horribleness. 

On the bright side, we could then toss all of the copies of these two movies AND Starship Troopers into the resultant rift, making them the problem of some other reality.  That might start an interdimensional war, though.  I would consider foisting any of those movies on me to be an act of aggression.   ;D

Can we add Barbarella, too?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 02:30:47 PM »
This was from 1991 I think.  Do you remember Other People's Money - starring Danny DeVito.
No, of course not, no one does.  I went with my BF at the time and another couple.  I remember the movie starting and being so unamused that I walked out.  BF and other couple wandered out about 10 minutes later.  I couldn't even begin to list what was wrong with it.  I can't remember any of the plot, I just recall feeling so bored and irritated that I walked out.

I remember it, because I love that movie.  Danny DeVito is deliciously slimy (his best kind of character), and the story plays out beautifully.  It's not for everyone, admittedly.

Technical foul!  This is for movies that you find bad, not for movies that are demonstrably bad in a completely objective sense.  You can't choose a movie that no one will disagree with, it just isn't fair.  :P

Firecat

« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »

I did not know this.  My lurve for Patrick Stewart just increased.  I didn't think that was possible, but it did.

<off topic> Have you heard that Patrick Stewart is getting married soon? And Ian McKellan is going to perform the ceremony.  And yes, Patrick Stewart is an incredibly awesome individual  ;D. </off topic>

lilfox

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 02:32:06 PM »
Okay, worst movies that I paid cash money to see in the theater:

Caddyshack 2 - loved Caddyshack, what could go wrong?
Ghostbusters 2 - loved Ghostbusters, what could go wrong?
Leonard Part 6 - loved Bill Cosby, what... well, you know.

Howard the Duck was mentioned earlier - who the heck was the intended audience for that?  I was 10 when I saw it and I thought it was ridiculous then.

And another vote for Batman & Robin, it just kept getting worse but it somehow never reached so-bad-it's-hilarious, it was embarrassing and painful to the end.

Firecat

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »

I remember it, because I love that movie.  Danny DeVito is deliciously slimy (his best kind of character), and the story plays out beautifully.  It's not for everyone, admittedly.

Technical foul!  This is for movies that you find bad, not for movies that are demonstrably bad in a completely objective sense.  You can't choose a movie that no one will disagree with, it just isn't fair.  :P

Who ever said I played fair?  >:D (Besides, someone already mentioned the Dungeons and Dragons movie...) LOL!

Lynnv

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
Nightfall

and

As long as you don't mind increasing our chances of starting that interdimensional war, I am good with it.   8)
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Firecat

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
Nightfall

and

As long as you don't mind increasing our chances of starting that interdimensional war, I am good with it.   8)

Well, I figure if we're going to start it, it might as well be really worth it...  >:D

BeagleMommy

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
The Great White Hype - it was so awful DH and I walked out after 10 minutes.  We had meant to go to a different film, but it was out by the time we got up enough gumption to go to the theater.  This dreck was the only thing playing.

What Dreams May Come - I'm normally a huge Robin Williams fan but this film was so saccharine and syrupy that I felt I needed a dental visit afterward.

A Chorus Line - saw the play and loved it.  I had high expectations but when they threw in an additional storyline and eliminated some of my favorite songs I was highly insulted.