Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 40042 times)

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2013, 12:22:42 PM »
Can't believe I made it through the whole thread and no one mentioned Waterworld or Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Two of Kevin Costner's biggest stinkers.

In RH:PoT he can't maintain an English accent and gives up at some point and morphs into some kind of Brooklyn, NY accent, except that Costner is from California. The movie was trying to be dramatic and romantic but fails miserably on both fronts. It might have succeeded as a comedy; Alan Rickman as the Sheriff was hilarious -- but I'm not sure he was supposed to be.

If you haven't seen "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"...see it!  Mel Brooks rips on the Costner movie something fierce.
I loved Men in Tights! I like most of Mel Brooks movies although Space Balls got to be a little too dumb for my taste.

Spaceballs is one of my absolute favorites.. although if I never see Dracula: Dead and Loving It again it'll be too soon.  The only saving grace in that film was the work of Steven Weber and Amy Yasbeck.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2013, 12:52:13 PM »
http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/csi_titanic_who_died_how.html

An interesting site on how people died in the Titanic's sinking.

And, while looking at websites, I came upon sites where people were asking if the Titanic had really existed. Ugh.  :o

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »
Accent issues aside, I always rather liked Prince of Thieves. Totally with you on Waterworld, though.

Waterworld was abysmal. My then-DH rented it, and when I left the room after awhile, got angry with me.  ::)

ScubaGirl

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2013, 04:14:57 PM »
Maybe I'm alone because no one has mentioned this yet but the movie I loathe the most (and I hate a number of movies already mentioned but I'd watch any of them 10 times again before I'd ever consider watching this one again) is:  Inception.

I was so incredibly bored and there simply were no surprises/twists/interesting concepts to hold this movie for me.  Boiled down it was just a plotless action movie that they tried to freshen up with the fact that it was actually all fake (in their heads).   Consider this, when someone asks about a movie you have seen you try hard not to give away the special/surprising part of the plot.  There was no special/surprising part of the plot.  I discovered this when a friend asked me about Inception and I realized there was nothing to bother holding back on.  I don't know if any of that makes sense - not explaining myself well.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:41 PM »
I know Pearl Harbor is an abomination, but for some reason, DH and I watch it every time it's on, which used to be a lot, when we had cable.

HaHa.  Isn't it odd that some bad movies are like that?  Mine is Flowers in the Attic.  That thing is so poorly done and doesn't even follow the book much, and yet I can't stop watching every time it's on. 

LazyDaisy

« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
That's how I am whenever one of those old 70s disaster movies comes up -- Andromeda Strain, Poseidon Adventure, Towering Inferno, that island volcano one -- When Time Ran Out. They're bad and formulaic but it's so hard to look away. I remember there was one with ants, and one with killer bees. I love/hate those.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

gingerzing

« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
I have three that are at various degrees. 

Zardoz - I have tried twice to watch it.  Because -And Only Because - Sean Connery is in it and the cover shot is not the same as the cover on imdb.  But not even Sean as eyecandy can make me sit for this one.

Portrait of A Lady - Nicole Kidman, whom I have nothing against, was in this.  DH and I walked out after about 15-20 minutes.  I had forgotten that I hate Henry James books.

And the winner even though I didn't walk out <drumroll>  Angel Heart.  Ick.  Was on a date in college for this one.  The boy who took me didn't want to "waste the money" when I told him 10 minutes into the movie that I was creeped out and wanted to leave. 
The only thing that even remotely saved the date was after the movie was over - I was shaking like a leaf - we went back to his place and he suggested we watch another movie.  Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  (Which was just silly, not bad.  And a nice distraction)

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
Thought of another one--Meet the Feebles.  So disturbing.  Its like Muppets on crack.  I actually own this movie  :-[ and my friend's reaction after watching it was "I feel dirty now.  I think I need a shower".

A group of us used to have an annual gathering, with cheesy B movies as the focus. The cheesier, the better.
We turned off this movie partway through, and the woman who chose it had her movie selection rights permanently revoked. We all felt a bit squicked out...

GratefulMaria

« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2013, 06:30:52 PM »
"The Room"

That is all.

Lunaria3

« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »
In the so-bad-it's-good category, I nominate The 12 Disasters of Christmas. My family and I watched it on 12-12-2012 to celebrate the end of the world, and we DIED laughing at the ridiculousness. If you're looking for an easily-riffable movie to watch with your friends, you can't do much better!

One of the best parts for my family was that every single one of us in my 6 person family managed to make an off-the-wall plot prediction that came true :)

Library Dragon

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
Pearl Harbor is a dreadful, dreadful movie. It's so transparently thinking "I will do everything Titanic did, but bigger and better! I will be the world's top grossing movie evah!"

Or as DS1 said, "Did you know that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor to break up a romance   ???  :-*  ???"

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Two Academy Award winners (or at least nominated):  Howard's End and Sling Blade.  Both horrible.

I can't think of the name but there was a period piece with Michelle Pfeiffer and Daniel Day Lewis.  First movie I didn't watch through to the end.

Black Rain.  It was some sort of thriller with Michael Douglas.  Or was it Kurt Russell?  I slept through the middle of it - in the theatre.

And the poster who mentioned Mullholland Drive?  I agree.  Still no idea what that was about.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

andi

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
Pearl Harbor is a dreadful, dreadful movie. It's so transparently thinking "I will do everything Titanic did, but bigger and better! I will be the world's top grossing movie evah!"

Or as DS1 said, "Did you know that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor to break up a romance   ???  :-*  ???"

My uncle (the ex- Marine / conspiracy theorist) is convinced this version was funded by the Japanese as a way to make themselves look better.  My uncle is a bit off

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
Not the worst, but didn't really care for Hope Springs. 

I also didn't like Twilight.  Didn't see anything but the first movie so I can't say anything about the others.  It might have been better with a different director and better effects.  As it is, I laughed at most of it, especially when we first see Edward sparkle.  It was like they covered Robert Pattinson in glue and rolled him in glitter. 

One of these days I'll watch the Rifftrax of it.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
One of these days I'll watch the Rifftrax of it.

It is GLORIOUS.