Author Topic: The worst movie you ever saw  (Read 37349 times)

Redneck Gravy

Re: The worst movie you ever saw
« Reply #510 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »
In my personal canon, V didn't happen.  Neither did the TNG movies past First Contact.  And that's without getting into certain episodes of the various series - not too many, but as far as I am concerned, some things did not happen.

In my personal canon, the only movies that DID happen are II, III, and VI.  The others are either too dull, too silly, or too badly written.

I mostly agree with your numbering.  I love both of the new Star Trek's (for the fun & adventure) obviously they have taken great creative license from the original series. 

Star Trek I, the movie with the bald chick - ughh one of the worst films I have ever seen. Horrible is my best description and I'm feeling over generous with that.!

BeagleMommy

« Reply #511 on: November 14, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »
Can I add the movie version of Evita?  I saw the show on Broadway and loved it.  I have the original soundtrack with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin.  It's fabulous.

The movie?  Ugh.  Antonio Banderas wasn't too bad and very pretty in the part of Che (but he looked a little too clean).  Madonna, as Eva, had the acting range of a brick.  Bad, seriously bad.

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #512 on: November 14, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »
Recently, Melancholia.  I want that two hours of my life back.  Twenty minutes of Alexander Skarsgard was not worth it. Lars Von Trier movies have permanently gone on my "avoid" list, along with most superhero flicks.

Library Dragon

« Reply #513 on: November 14, 2013, 03:39:44 PM »
The film version of Evita even managed to make Jonathan Pryce dull and boring.  I can see the set, "No, Mr. Pryce you're actually acting.  It looks like your a living person next to Madonna.  Now, take it down a few more notches.  Yes, that's better, the cardboard cutout dimension is good."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hillia

« Reply #514 on: November 14, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
Can I add the movie version of Evita?  I saw the show on Broadway and loved it.  I have the original soundtrack with Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin.  It's fabulous.

The movie?  Ugh.  Antonio Banderas wasn't too bad and very pretty in the part of Che (but he looked a little too clean).  Madonna, as Eva, had the acting range of a brick.  Bad, seriously bad.

And they gave her 'Another Suitcase in Another Hall'. Why?  The whole point of Evita is her power, taking control of her life...not mooning around about being victimized.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

PeterM

« Reply #515 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:15 AM »
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.  There are a few good one-liners in the film, but beyond that it's just evidence that William Shatner should never have been allowed to direct a TV commercial, let alone a whole film.

I went to a Star Trek convention shortly after Star Trek V came out. They had someone fairly high up in the chain of command of Trek movers and shakers as a guest, and his speech was largely an apology for the movie. He did say that they thought Shatner hadn't done a bad job directing, and I think I mostly agree. Nothing inspired, but not the worst thing ever.

"Unfortunately," the suit said, "Bill also wrote the script..."

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #516 on: November 15, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »
LOL
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #517 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:16 AM »
Girl Gang -- it starts out as a tacky 1950s scare film featuring immaculately groomed girls in torpedo bras as gang members.......then about halfway through it gives the viewer step-by-step instructions on how to shoot up heroin.  :o