Author Topic: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, #48, #90, #109, FINAL #134  (Read 32334 times)

sammycat

• Super Hero!
Re: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, upsetting #48, #90
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 03:54:52 AM »
Whether or not she started out as a nice person, I'd have an impossible time continuing to think favorably of anyone (much less continue to call that person a friend) who would put his/her desire to make money as more important than the survival of my unborn child.

Ditto.

She's crossed so far over the line it's no longer even visible.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »
For me, the whole "kidnapping people to take them to a sales event" is what really stands out from Sandra's past. Someone might say something obliviously hurtful in a non-thinking moment, or just be caught up in their enthusiasm for something and not understand how they're being perceived by others, resulting in her comments to the OP (which are nonetheless painful). But the planning and deception involved in telling people they were going to dinner, then insisting on driving them and changing the destination to a sales party? To me that is deliberate and malicious, and nothing less than a complete about-face, abject apology, and visible change in behavior would make me even consider being friends with that person again.

For this and for the heartlessness she has shown the OP, I advise completely dropping her. For the moment, at least--if you don't feel comfortable saying "forever," perhaps decide you're not going to have anything to do with Sandra until your health crisis has passed and you can afford to think about other things again. I would block her on every avenue and ignore any further communication attempts. She's a source of unneeded stress right now and I don't think it would be rude to mute that for the time being, given her behavior.

On a side note, without meaning to derail the thread: I've known a number of people who've been successful with MLMs like Mary Kay, and have never gotten so caught up in it as to be rude. In my observation, the people who are both successful and polite are those who are business savvy and perhaps already have some business experience before they begin the MLM, like women who run their own hair salon and sell MK at the counter. And then there was my friend who got sucked into MK after a bad break-up, spent thousands of dollars on product at once, and was irritated that the co-workers she invited to parties didn't show enough enthusiasm.  ::) I think it really depends on the individual, whether they're prone to rudeness or not.
~Lynn2000

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 11:49:28 AM »
A polite person, on hearing that someone is experiencing a medical issue, express their concern, their wishes for a happy outcome, and their understanding that of course, social engagements are not possible at this time.

A really nice person also inquires if Tuesday or Thursday would be the best night to drop off a casserole and the rest of the fixings for a meal, or sends flowers, or a "thinking of you" card, or offers to babysit or drive someone to an appointment.

Sandra is not nice. She may be fun to be around, but she is not nice.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2013, 10:27:38 AM »
Any updates Nemesis?

{{HUGS}} and hoping all is OK.

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Nemesis

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
Op here.

Update on my condition: everyone's thoughts and prayers worked! Things are looking much better in my last ultrasound scan, which is such a huge difference from the week before that when the prognosis was quite depressing. So thank you very much!!

I have stopped bleeding heavily, but I am still on medication and bed rest until the end of the month. I remain at high risk for preterm labour and am still a long way from 24 weeks, so my doctor is being cautious for now. We are keeping our hopes and prayers that we will get there.

As for Sandra, I have not heard anything from her. That would most likely be because I have unfriended her on Facebook and removed her from my Skype contact list. Sometimes bed rest can be tooo peaceful (and boring), but having Sandra around right now is way too much drama!

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
I'm so happy to read this update!

Wise decisions re Sandra.  I think you'll find your life much more peaceful without her, at least for the next few months.

We won't stop with the positive thoughts that you and the baby will "get there" with flying colors.

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
POD to gramma dishes!
~Lynn2000

cicero

• Super Hero!
SO happy to hear!

continue to take care of you and that little one. I continue to hold you both in my heart and prayers.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Nora

All I could think when I saw the update was "please let her baby be ok"! So glad to see things are improving! Happyhugs!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

barefoot_girl

I haven't posted much recently, Nemesis, but I just wanted to let you know that I think you handled the whole event very well, and that I am sending trans-Atlantic good thoughts to you and the little one (and indeed the rest of your family). I hope everything continues to improve for you.

momtwosix

I am still keeping you and your family in my prayers.
mom to 6 and 3 in heaven

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
So glad to hear things have improved.  Will keep you and your baby in my thoughts. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
So glad to hear the prognosis has brightened, will continue to keep you and your little one in my thoughts!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
Glad you got good news!

I know bed rest is boring, but try to "enjoy" it while you can.  After your little one arrives there won't be much ressting going on!

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

peaches

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad your news has been positive. Hope things continue to go well for you and baby.