Author Topic: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, #48, #90, #109, FINAL #134  (Read 28547 times)

Eden

Re: Sales party: the bait and switch! Update #42, upsetting #48
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »
Nemesis, my best thoughts and wishes for you.

I have so many non-etiquette-approved things to say to this "friend" of yours! I say dismiss her from your mind. Do not give her any more of your precious energy or time. I think your response to her was wonderful and I hope it drove your message home and she will no longer bother you about this party.

schnauzermom

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2013, 10:31:04 AM »
My thought and prayers are with you and your family.

Karen

Brock

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »
Nemesis, lots of good thoughts your way.

I agree with the advice of just letting this friend go.  She is not worth your time or energy anymore. 

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »
Please, not for a single second, do not think you were harsh or rude or anything to her in your response. You were quite reserved IMO. And good for you for it. You don't need this kind of stress. Please, relax, deep calming breathes, some funny movies (personally for me Tommy Boy does it every time, as does Rat Race). Surround yourself with calm and happy.

Oh and by the way can I just tell you, its a bit awkward trying to pray for "good luck and best health to Nemesis" - really trying to test all of our patience with that screen name huh?  ;)

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2013, 10:40:50 AM »
Please accept my best wishes for you and your baby (and Mr. Nemesis, who is probably a nervous wreck :().

And don't for one nanosecond think you were too harsh.  If anything, you were reserved beyond what many of us would do.  She needed to hear it.

bloo

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
I have nothing more useful to add by way of advice as the PP's have it all covered that I can see.

I'd like to say I'm sorry you're having to go through such a trying time and your friend has blithely chosen to add more stress to your life.

I sincerely hope that things turn out well for your family. :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
You handled it with far more grace and diplomacy than I'd have been able to muster. 

I'd rethink this friendship.  No matter how close to her you may have been at one time, sometimes friendships change and the expiration date becomes very apparent.  In this case the expiration date may be 'right now'.  She clearly doesn't get how precarious your situation is and the only way that could happen is that she doesn't want to.  She thinks her sales party is more important than you and your baby.  No friendship there to lose!!

So sorry you're having to go through this.  I know it has to be very scary.  Please take care of yourself.  (((((hugs)))))

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »

That is so sad. I don't even know what to say. Hugst to you and yours, Nemesis.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Otterpop

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
(((Hugs))) Nemesis.  That "friend" is NO friend.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2013, 12:32:57 PM »
(((Nemesis and family))) 

It was good you said what you did to her. 

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
At that point I would've burst into hysterical tears and screamed at her for 10 minutes, so I think you handled her beautifully. Best wishes to you and your baby!!

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »
She really really is not a friend. She just isn't.

Best wishes to your while family.

mime

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
I've been a reader for a little while, but posting for the first time.

Words of wisdom from my mom that served me well when my first son was a newborn:
Your baby is not capable of defending himself right now and completely dependent on you to do what's best for him. That is the MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to do. You can be both polite and uncompromising in this, but ultimately if someone is unhappy about you taking care of your baby above their wishes, that's *their* shortcoming.

I see you've set your priorities and made your decision, and I can't improve upon all the advice already in this thread. I just wanted to provide encouragement for you when you have difficult communications with your friend.

My best wishes to you and baby.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
Nemesis, I just want to let you know that you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Please don't let this cretin take up space in your head.  She has proven herself to be no friend.

(((((Hugs)))))

Nemesis

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »
Thank you for you thoughts and prayers. Thank you very much. Every bit helps and I am truly grateful for you.

I had a good cry and feel much better now. Moving forward, I'm not going to think about my friend at all. There is just no emotional space for her. I just don't want to deal with her any more so if the friendship dies after this, then so be it.

Thank you again for such overwhelming support. ((((Hugs)))) to everyone and with chocolate fudge cake too!